Dawson
Dropped for a player without a PL start in 12 months - comes on and misses a sitter.
Glad we have our Semi and some cash in the bank.
Dawson dropped from centre back and they keep a clean sheet. Only chance he has of getting back in is at right back IMO
They’re currently playing wing backs so it’s center half or nothing I’d say

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Last season was telling for me, re Dawson's ability. There's no doubt, he was better as a RB. Pulis did call it right with him. He had a few decent spells as a CB , but didn't have the pace in our set up to play there. A decent solid RB, who could fill in as a CB. However, last season, he should have been a cut above a lot of the division, had he really been good enough. He should have been comfortable as a right sided CB in a '3'. He should have been captain material, leading us forward. But no, he believed his own hype and apart from one or two games, he was found wanting, partly due to how he had to play, but mainly down to his attitude.
(10-06-2019, 09:42 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Last season was telling for me, re Dawson's ability. There's no doubt, he was better as a RB. Pulis did call it right with him. He had a few decent spells as a CB , but didn't have the pace in our set up to play there. A decent solid RB, who could fill in as a CB. However, last season, he should have been a cut above a lot of the division, had he really been good enough. He should have been comfortable as a right sided CB in a '3'. He should have been captain material, leading us forward. But no, he believed his own hype and apart from one or two games, he was found wanting, partly due to how he had to play, but mainly down to his attitude.

I think the difference in his attitude v Jay Rod when they left is notable. Jay left a message for us and he just fecked off.
(10-06-2019, 10:21 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 09:42 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Last season was telling for me, re Dawson's ability. There's no doubt, he was better as a RB. Pulis did call it right with him. He had a few decent spells as a CB , but didn't have the pace in our set up to play there. A decent solid RB, who could fill in as a CB. However, last season, he should have been a cut above a lot of the division, had he really been good enough. He should have been comfortable as a right sided CB in a '3'. He should have been captain material, leading us forward. But no, he believed his own hype and apart from one or two games, he was found wanting, partly due to how he had to play, but mainly down to his attitude.

I think the difference in his attitude v Jay Rod when they left is notable. Jay left a message for us and he just fecked off.

Jrod earned his move and went with the blessing and best wishes of most Albion fans, simply because of his attitude, professional never sulked or moaned just got on with things and gave his all for the cause, that 2nd leg playoff game when was taken off he could barely put one foot in front of the other or stand up straight literally ran himself to a standstill now that was commitment, contrast that with Dawson who spent most of last season playing with a face like a slapped arse.
(10-06-2019, 03:46 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 10:21 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Jrod earned his move and went with the blessing and best wishes of most Albion fans, simply because of his attitude, professional never sulked or moaned just got on with things and gave his all for the cause, that 2nd leg playoff game when was taken off he could barely put one foot in front of the other or stand up straight literally ran himself to a standstill now that was commitment, contrast that with Dawson who spent most of last season playing with a face like a slapped arse.
….and hid away in the centre circle while we sent a kid up to take the first penalty in the PO shoot out.   Never rated him, although I concede, Pulis got a tune out of him at RB.