Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lib Dems manifesto commitment to safe standing
Not sure if this should be in the politics section. Would amount to rail seating like in the Westfalenstadion and Celtic Park.

Badly needed in my eyes. Only issues with standing amount to crowd control (Hillsborough, Burnden Park) which is easily resolved with ticketing.
I know it's popular but not for me. Maybe as I sit with 2 generations (old man near 80, mom mid 70s) and kids (7 and will take youngest next year) where standing isn't a great option
(05-16-2017, 06:06 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: I know it's popular but not for me. Maybe as I sit with 2 generations (old man near 80, mom mid 70s) and kids (7 and will take youngest next year) where standing isn't a great option

Well I would hope that when it is legal and clubs start implementing it they don't make it all standing, only the bits where people stand like the Smethwick.
(05-16-2017, 06:06 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: I know it's popular but not for me. Maybe as I sit with 2 generations (old man near 80, mom mid 70s) and kids (7 and will take youngest next year) where standing isn't a great option

Not trying to funny but its not like they will be ripping every seat from grounds, if this safe standing does become reality it will only be the odd corner I would have thought?

As others have said below, it wouldn't be the whole ground.

Maybe the under utilised areas of the lower Brummie.
As a flask-weilding, tartan blanketed Halfords Laner I wouldnt be interested in standing at home games, but for some reason I prefer to stand at away games on the odd occasion I go away? that said id rather sit on rusty spikes at Molinuex than vote Lib Den
The Lib Dems can make any promise they want. They have no hope of winning so it doesn't matter.