If Dingle Goodman
(10-05-2019, 10:03 AM)WWHO Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 05:26 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:30 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:25 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 10:40 AM)WWHO Wrote: Met him a number of times in Wolves whilst on the ale.  He is incredibly down to earth and, therefore, quite likeable.  As the resident Albion fan i've ribbed him about his apparent dislike of us; he laughs it off but he's certainly aware of the reputation he's acquired amongst our lot.  The Dingle cunt.

My favourite Dingle Don story.

I met him on the way back from Molyneux after we did them 3-0 in the cup. The pie and pint piss take. (Still my favourite away day ever......well that and Pompey last game Ashcroft).

I stopped for a piss at services on M40 on way back to Dorset and as I was coming out Don was coming in. I had my Albion shirt on and as we were coming towards each other he clocked me. I smiled and without thinking about it I said "Did you enjoy that one Don?" He simply replied "No" without smiling.

From that day on he's always been a Dingle in my eyes. Strange as I thought he'd have more affinity with us seeing as he made his name with us and scored more goals for us.

I loved watching him play for us and growing up he was one of my favourite players.

Ah well.....

Don't start me on that match.  After finally being allowed out i was trying to get to Molineux Alley and down to The Stile Inn, where i was working later that night - the one time i was actually looking forward to serve those miserable pricks their warm Banks's swill.  As i energetically and gleefully prepared to bound towards Whitmore Reans hill and onwards to the Billy Wright statue, one of West Midlands' finest asked me who i support (he may have noted the Joker-like grin on my face).  Having whispered that i was Albion he made me turn around towards the subway and join a huddled mass that was being corralled towards platform 1 at W'ton train station.  Despite numerous protests, an hour later i found myself at Smethwick Galton Bridge  with an inspector threatening to fine me £25 as i had no ticket.

Got to work hours late.  As i walked into the bar about 20 of 'them lot' walked out, knowing they were due a ribbing.  Turned out to be a quiet shift in the end.

Great story. At least it was worth it! So, why Baggies if you are Wolvo based?

I'm Bilston born and bread.  The town is majority Wolves but there's always been a sizeable Albion contingent.

I get the impression some Bilstonians supported us as they could jump on the 79 bus easily enough.  That's certainly the case for my dad and his mates, though they'd also go to the Wolves back in the day.

As for working at The Stile, let's just say i like being the only gay in the village - and taking the piss, a lot.

I used to work over Ettingshall many moons ago and there were quite a few lads from Bilston who were Baggies fans.
The thing is about DD he will be stuck in the Chump, longer than Stoke - oh maybe not ?
(10-05-2019, 10:46 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 10:03 AM)WWHO Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 05:26 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:30 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:25 AM)Peachy Wrote: My favourite Dingle Don story.

I met him on the way back from Molyneux after we did them 3-0 in the cup. The pie and pint piss take. (Still my favourite away day ever......well that and Pompey last game Ashcroft).

I stopped for a piss at services on M40 on way back to Dorset and as I was coming out Don was coming in. I had my Albion shirt on and as we were coming towards each other he clocked me. I smiled and without thinking about it I said "Did you enjoy that one Don?" He simply replied "No" without smiling.

From that day on he's always been a Dingle in my eyes. Strange as I thought he'd have more affinity with us seeing as he made his name with us and scored more goals for us.

I loved watching him play for us and growing up he was one of my favourite players.

Ah well.....

Don't start me on that match.  After finally being allowed out i was trying to get to Molineux Alley and down to The Stile Inn, where i was working later that night - the one time i was actually looking forward to serve those miserable pricks their warm Banks's swill.  As i energetically and gleefully prepared to bound towards Whitmore Reans hill and onwards to the Billy Wright statue, one of West Midlands' finest asked me who i support (he may have noted the Joker-like grin on my face).  Having whispered that i was Albion he made me turn around towards the subway and join a huddled mass that was being corralled towards platform 1 at W'ton train station.  Despite numerous protests, an hour later i found myself at Smethwick Galton Bridge  with an inspector threatening to fine me £25 as i had no ticket.

Got to work hours late.  As i walked into the bar about 20 of 'them lot' walked out, knowing they were due a ribbing.  Turned out to be a quiet shift in the end.

Great story. At least it was worth it! So, why Baggies if you are Wolvo based?

I'm Bilston born and bread.  The town is majority Wolves but there's always been a sizeable Albion contingent.

I get the impression some Bilstonians supported us as they could jump on the 79 bus easily enough.  That's certainly the case for my dad and his mates, though they'd also go to the Wolves back in the day.

As for working at The Stile, let's just say i like being the only gay in the village - and taking the piss, a lot.

I used to work over Ettingshall many moons ago and there were quite a few lads from Bilston who were Baggies fans.
Agreed. I don't really class Bilston as Wolvo, mind. It's Black Country Proper.  For me, an ode 'un, Wolvo is all points north of Bilston, Ettingshall and where the blind school used to be.  But I know these days they claim to be BC and have claimed Coseley, Bilston and Darlo. Anyway, fair play for flying the flag!
(10-06-2019, 06:59 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Agreed. I don't really class Bilston as Wolvo, mind. It's Black Country Proper.  For me, an ode 'un, Wolvo is all points north of Bilston, Ettingshall and where the blind school used to be.  But I know these days they claim to be BC and have claimed Coseley, Bilston and Darlo. Anyway, fair play for flying the flag!

Aye it
(10-06-2019, 07:24 PM)sickParrot Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 06:59 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Agreed. I don't really class Bilston as Wolvo, mind. It's Black Country Proper.  For me, an ode 'un, Wolvo is all points north of Bilston, Ettingshall and where the blind school used to be.  But I know these days they claim to be BC and have claimed Coseley, Bilston and Darlo. Anyway, fair play for flying the flag!

Aye it
My dad and grandad from Bilston. There's a few Albion there. I used to get the 79 to The Hawthorns from the top of Prouds Lane.