Birmingham Half....
WTF happened??
Halfish.

Mysterious vehicle spotted around Cannon Hill. Race diverted on police advice and vehicle later found to be safe.
(10-13-2019, 10:10 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Halfish.

Mysterious vehicle spotted around Cannon Hill. Race diverted on police advice and vehicle later found to be safe.

Bugger - But better than the Peterborough Half which was cancelled today because of (false) report of 'man behaving suspiciously'!
Still fuming about it, was absolutely flying round. Did the first 11 miles in under 1.30 and was on course to destroy my PB... then it just fucking finished! Wasn’t really focused on the course or what was going on so wasn’t aware and when I looked up I was coming in to finish. I thought I had accidentally missed part of the course.

Obviously you can’t blame them if they thought there was a genuine risk to people’s safety, but I still feel cheated out of my PB.
(10-14-2019, 07:25 AM)Duffers Wrote: Still fuming about it, was absolutely flying round. Did the first 11 miles in under 1.30 and was on course to destroy my PB... then it just fucking finished! Wasn’t really focused on the course or what was going on so wasn’t aware and when I looked up I was coming in to finish. I thought I had accidentally missed part of the course.

Obviously you can’t blame them if they thought there was a genuine risk to people’s safety, but I still feel cheated out of my PB.

Maybe try the Stroud HM - good course from what everybody says, fast and less likely to be called off as it is rural.
(10-13-2019, 10:10 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Halfish.

Stan Collymore weren't on the back seat, was he?
Clarnet v2.0
Think it was about 11.5 miles in the end, just looked up my time - 1.33 so was on course to go under 1.55 which would have been brilliant for me.

I did come in the top 25% though, which is nice.
Fair play duffers
(10-14-2019, 01:26 PM)Duffers Wrote: Think it was about 11.5 miles in the end, just looked up my time - 1.33 so was on course to go under 1.55 which would have been brilliant for me.

Just messaged a couple of 'fast guys' I know that did it - they both clocked it at 11.1.

Well done!
(10-14-2019, 08:15 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 01:26 PM)Duffers Wrote: Think it was about 11.5 miles in the end, just looked up my time - 1.33 so was on course to go under 1.55 which would have been brilliant for me.

Just messaged a couple of 'fast guys' I know that did it - they both clocked it at 11.1.

Well done!

Aye, had an email to say the official distance was 11.07.