Punch up at Dudley Town Hall last night
I went to see Jimeoin last night. He's one of my favourite comedians. Halfway through the second half of his set the doormen and two blokes in front of me had an excellent punch up. It was hilarious chairs flying all over the place and took about 2 minutes for them to get them out. This was on top of the mad woman in the row behind me who didn't stop laughing the whole time and drove everybody mad to the point of distraction. Jimeoin just stood there open mouthed with his guitar. Apparently they were making a lot of noise although I never heard them once. Someone else said they were filming. It made the night anyway!!
Violence shouldn't be seen to be funny.
Clarnet v2.0
You would have laughed if you had seen it.
Saw Jimeoin in Edinburgh.

In the pub that is, not performing. He had what can only be described as an "entourage" of minder types with him.
(10-19-2019, 08:08 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 05:08 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Violence shouldn't be seen to be funny.

Maybe - but I still like some old Laurel and Hardy films

Tom and Jerry
Punch and Judy
Itchy and Scratchy

Violence and comedic effect in harmony.
Bottom
The Young Ones
Owen Jones
On the news it says the doorman was assaulted but he was the one trying to drag the bloke out of his seat. And the fist I saw flying was his no-one eleses.
(10-20-2019, 09:18 AM)FenlandBoing Wrote: Owen Jones

Mountbatton
(10-20-2019, 07:11 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Bottom
The Young Ones

Comedy slap stick acting is funny. Genuine violence, where people could end up injured, or worse, isn't.
Clarnet v2.0