Ferguson
(10-20-2019, 08:38 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 06:48 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 10:42 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: We don't sell players to Spurs - they want hire purchase terms based on weekly payments.
£38,460/wk over 5 years according to my fictitious calculator. (This doesn't inc agents & signing fees)

(10-19-2019, 10:38 PM)Squid Wrote: Alan Nixon though, who is reasonably accurate - predicted Ajayi for us before anyone else.

However, Spurs are in a mess and any player having a good season in the Championship would be mad to join them now.

We couldn't blame any player for leaving if they are offered riches beyond their dreams tbh.
I've got a feeling Ferguson will stay with us for a while, he has always appeared to adore the place. 
I've seen the dancing video  Big Grin
Let's not forget they paid Fulham £20 million for Sess - that must be the going rate.

Spurs paid £24.3m for Sessignon when he had a year left on his contract.  Ferguson will only have 6 months left on his contract in January and will be far less experienced than Sessignon was. If he doesn’t sign a new contract before January, I doubt we’d get more than £15m for Ferguson who can leave for free (but we’d receive compensation as an Academy product so I suspect we’d still get close to £10m).

Am sure that if he signs a new contract now with a suitable release clause (£25m and rising?) then there could well be several takers next summer.  Am 100% sure he’ll be playing in the PL next season but hopefully with us!

We'd get no where near £10mil compensation for him.

Not sure about that.  Academy product, regular first teamer, will have been offered a substantial contract (if he turns it down).  Am sure it would be nearer to £10m than £5m
He will sign. For that I have zero doubts. Ultimately his agent will be looking for the best deal for his client. He’s from a cracking family who will no doubt see his interests lie with staying at Albion. If he continues his progression then no doubt he will play for an elite club IMO by 22
I really hope he she's the bigger picture over fast cash.

He's 18. If he signs a 5 year contract with us he's only going to be 23 at the end of it. He'll be a regular for us and if we go up he's going to get game time in the Premier league rather than sitting on a bench somewhere.

If we pay him well then I think he'll sign. Bigger clubs will come in for him anyway over the next few years.
(10-20-2019, 09:17 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 08:38 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 06:48 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 10:42 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: We don't sell players to Spurs - they want hire purchase terms based on weekly payments.
£38,460/wk over 5 years according to my fictitious calculator. (This doesn't inc agents & signing fees)

(10-19-2019, 10:38 PM)Squid Wrote: Alan Nixon though, who is reasonably accurate - predicted Ajayi for us before anyone else.

However, Spurs are in a mess and any player having a good season in the Championship would be mad to join them now.

We couldn't blame any player for leaving if they are offered riches beyond their dreams tbh.
I've got a feeling Ferguson will stay with us for a while, he has always appeared to adore the place. 
I've seen the dancing video  Big Grin
Let's not forget they paid Fulham £20 million for Sess - that must be the going rate.

Spurs paid £24.3m for Sessignon when he had a year left on his contract.  Ferguson will only have 6 months left on his contract in January and will be far less experienced than Sessignon was. If he doesn’t sign a new contract before January, I doubt we’d get more than £15m for Ferguson who can leave for free (but we’d receive compensation as an Academy product so I suspect we’d still get close to £10m).

Am sure that if he signs a new contract now with a suitable release clause (£25m and rising?) then there could well be several takers next summer.  Am 100% sure he’ll be playing in the PL next season but hopefully with us!

We'd get no where near £10mil compensation for him.

Not sure about that.  Academy product, regular first teamer, will have been offered a substantial contract (if he turns it down).  Am sure it would be nearer to £10m than £5m

If Spurs bid £10m in Jan that’s the minimum we’d receive as we’d be able to prove the valuation.

I can’t see anyone bidding in January as it’ll just lead to a higher fee at tribunal.
(10-20-2019, 06:37 AM)SussexBaggie Wrote: Not good for young players.

Dele Alii, Harry Kane, Kyle Walker, Eric Dier, Danny Rose...
Clarnet v2.0
Going nowhere...
Leeds or Forest.
(10-20-2019, 11:16 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 06:37 AM)SussexBaggie Wrote: Not good for young players.

Dele Alii, Harry Kane, Kyle Walker, Eric Dier, Danny Rose...

Yup, but Spurs are a mess at the moment, and he’d be playing second fiddle to Kyle Walker-Peters
If I was a player, I wouldn't go to Spurs even if they offered me 100 million as a backhander. One of the most over-rated, under-achieving clubs in the world! Nasty sort of place with a lot of very poisonous fans too.

Just look at Newcastle for a comparison. The Toon are another over-rated under-achieving club - just like Spuds - but the difference is that their fans don't have bigheads and ideas above their station! A very decent lot.
I think he'll sign.

I also thought he showed fantastic strength of character yesterday. He had a torrid time first half (as did Furlong) but second half was an absolute beast.

His yellow card was a joke too