Concerning...
(10-23-2019, 09:31 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 09:19 AM)coxy134 Wrote: I think we play out a lot slower at home almost as if we are waiting for the opposition to make the first move? Or we are not comfortable at home, crowd anxiety? Wait for them to attack and hit them on the break?

However we struggle against physical teams like Barnsely, we have a few players who back out or will stop running at them.

The onus is on us to break the away team down which means we don’t have the luxury of time and space to play open football behind teams well drilled defence. Until our fans appreciate that there are two teams on the pitch they will struggle to understand why we aren’t quite so effective early in games at home. When the opposition tire or have to change tactics because we have unlocked their defence then we will play with more freedom. As Bomber said you have to earn the right to play first.
Its defending at home we need to do better or score first. If we had scored first last night the keeper and the falling over by their players would have stopped.
We needed to spread the ball around and quicker last night instead of little 2 yard one two's,
(10-23-2019, 11:58 AM)coxy134 Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 09:31 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 09:19 AM)coxy134 Wrote: I think we play out a lot slower at home almost as if we are waiting for the opposition to make the first move? Or we are not comfortable at home, crowd anxiety? Wait for them to attack and hit them on the break?

However we struggle against physical teams like Barnsely, we have a few players who back out or will stop running at them.

The onus is on us to break the away team down which means we don’t have the luxury of time and space to play open football behind teams well drilled defence. Until our fans appreciate that there are two teams on the pitch they will struggle to understand why we aren’t quite so effective early in games at home. When the opposition tire or have to change tactics because we have unlocked their defence then we will play with more freedom. As Bomber said you have to earn the right to play first.
Its defending at home we need to do better or score first. If we had scored first last night the keeper and the falling over by their players would have stopped.
We needed to spread the ball around and quicker last night instead of little 2 yard one two's,

I know what you mean Coxy, when the idea is to pull them forward and get the ball beyond them. Cat and mouse style. It becomes difficult when you go behind and then face this sort of timewasting. I said about 2 games into this season, we really need to be patient as our possession based game will be testing at times.
Fifth straight home game...
(10-26-2019, 04:31 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:28 PM)Duffers Wrote: Fifth straight home game...

Because of a last minute wrongly given penalty against 10 men.
We did not defend badly today but didnt make enough of our dominance.

One game like that can be forgiven.

Five consecutive games shows a pattern.
(10-26-2019, 04:38 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:33 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:31 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:28 PM)Duffers Wrote: Fifth straight home game...

Because of a last minute wrongly given penalty against 10 men.
We did not defend badly today but didnt make enough of our dominance.

One game like that can be forgiven.

Five consecutive games shows a pattern.

Lies, damn lies and statistics!
We won 1-0 away recently too - to look at the home games in isolation may be misleading. We are top and a clinical striker away from being top by a distance imo. Had we gone 2 up today we would have won I think - hypothetically of course.

We obviously play a different way at home to when we’re away which explains it. Whether we are too open at home or just complacent there’s clearly something wrong there.
5 games in a row is clearly an issue.

But , and I haven't seem the goals today, there is no definite area of weakness, the goals are not coming from one area. In fact there have been some very good goals scored against us, if we had scored the Huddersfield first goal or the second Barnsley I would have been very pleased.

We can't carry on indefinitely having to score at least 2 at home just to get a point - next home game need to target a clean sheet.