Concerning...
(10-22-2019, 09:17 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I’m not overly concerned. Decent comeback after a horror first half. Still top and think the nature of the night is a kick up the ass.

Tend to agree, decent is exactly the word. Thought we were only truly threatening for a 15-20 minute spell, other than that we lacked any penetration. I was expecting a barnstorming last 10 mins, but Barnsley actually looked more likely to score in that period than we did.

Any comeback from a 2 goal deficit is always going to be good, but this was one of the least thrilling in my opinion.
(10-22-2019, 09:17 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I’m not overly concerned. Decent comeback after a horror first half. Still top and think the nature of the night is a kick up the ass.

Not overly concerned either.  Dunno what the stats suggest before Barnsley's first goal but imo they hardly touched the ball. Their goal gave them a real lift as it looked like a long game for them when we were moving it around crisply and rapidly.   Was there a foul beforehand as well?  If we had got the first goal I think it would have been a comfortable beating for Barnsley.  Final third was poor in the first half.  More cutting edge in second half.
The first goal from Barnsley was disappointing from a defensive point of view, but their second goal was a very good strike.
Need to stop being so sloppy at the back. Got to be pleased with a draw after the first half.
(10-22-2019, 09:24 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: For me, no problem with the game or the result tonight.

Albion were slow and lethargic to beging with - it happens. As others have said, it'll be addressed. And yet we're still getting the points. So once it is addressed, we'll get even more points!!!

As for Barnsley, they broke twice, really, and scored both times. That happens too. On another night, Albion would have won that game easily enough.

For much of the second half - though often lacking a punch - we battered them. Moving the ball so well, and so fast, that I was going cross-eyed.

The only accurate post I've seen.
Barnsley are an attacking threat, their problem is that they normally miss so many chances and on another night Woodrow would’ve missed with both of his efforts. Their 2nd problem is that they rush at the back especially when under pressure. It’s why I wondered it took us so long to bring Kanu on. FWIW, I’d have left Grady on and took Livermore off. Definitely helped having balance with Townsend on though, a more attacking fullback than Ferguson. Not that Ferguson did much wrong
(10-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Barnsley are an attacking threat, their problem is that they normally miss so many chances and on another night Woodrow would’ve missed with both of his efforts. Their 2nd problem is that they rush at the back especially when under pressure. It’s why I wondered it took us so long to bring Kanu on. FWIW, I’d have left Grady on and took Livermore off. Definitely helped having balance with Townsend on though, a more attacking fullback than Ferguson. Not that Ferguson did much wrong

Didn't Feguson get beaten by their winger for the first goal?
We need to stop over committing at home we have 90 mins to win the game we don’t have to bomb forward at every opportunity which is where we came unstuck tonight. That said we are doing very well and I’m not overly concerned as some of those frailties can be addressed during the season.
(10-22-2019, 10:00 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Barnsley are an attacking threat, their problem is that they normally miss so many chances and on another night Woodrow would’ve missed with both of his efforts. Their 2nd problem is that they rush at the back especially when under pressure. It’s why I wondered it took us so long to bring Kanu on. FWIW, I’d have left Grady on and took Livermore off. Definitely helped having balance with Townsend on though, a more attacking fullback than Ferguson. Not that Ferguson did much wrong

Didn't Feguson get beaten by their winger for the first goal?

He did. Then one of our defenders completed missed the runner and allowed a free header. Their second looked a good goal from them, to me. Want to see the goal again just to clarify, but it looks like one of those goals where you just have to hold your hands up and say 'fair play, good goal'.
Clarnet v2.0
Not concerned at all to be honest.
Not at our best, 2 goals down and still manage a point out the game.
Had worse results, yes room for improvement, any concerns no.
The season is a slog. There's going to be games when we simply are not on it. Tonight was one, we got a point and a morale boosting comeback. Not worried at all. No one is going to be in a hurry to play Albion, there is some real quality out there. Fair play to Barnsley, they looked nothing like a bottom side, although a stronger ref might have brandished a few cards earlier and cut out their cynical side. We got a point and move on.