Concerning...
(10-23-2019, 09:33 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 09:11 AM)MGalea Wrote: Always easier to sort it out at the back then to get scoring.

Hegazi stepping in will tighten us up at home and away. 

Cut out the mistakes at the back and we’re flying.

Amended for you. Play your best players. Football is a simple game.

No. Play your best team. That doesn’t equate to playing your best players. Mowbray was found out here and it’s happened to numerous England managers.
(10-23-2019, 08:36 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 10:40 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 10:17 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 10:00 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Barnsley are an attacking threat, their problem is that they normally miss so many chances and on another night Woodrow would’ve missed with both of his efforts. Their 2nd problem is that they rush at the back especially when under pressure. It’s why I wondered it took us so long to bring Kanu on. FWIW, I’d have left Grady on and took Livermore off. Definitely helped having balance with Townsend on though, a more attacking fullback than Ferguson. Not that Ferguson did much wrong

Didn't Feguson get beaten by their winger for the first goal?

He did. Then one of our defenders completed missed the runner and allowed a free header. Their second looked a good goal from them, to me. Want to see the goal again just to clarify, but it looks like one of those goals where you just have to hold your hands up and say 'fair play, good goal'.

The first was avoidable. The 2nd a very good strike from their player.

Bartley .......... again! Hegazi has to come back in Saturday.

Have a lie down you fruit bat
The insults won't have any affect on me lads so do as you wish. 

Simple fact is Bartley is the weak link at the back and he needs replacing. 

On the other hand if you lot want us to keep giving cheap goals that will ultimately cost us then by all means we can remain as we are.
(10-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Atomic Wrote: The insults won't have any affect on me lads so do as you wish. 

On the other hand if you lot want us to keep giving cheap goals that will ultimately cost us then by all means we can remain as we are.

So was Bartley at fault yesterday? Or was it Furlong, Ferguson and Townsend who were getting the run around?
That 30 yarder how bartley didnt throw himself in front of it is a fucking disgrace .
(10-23-2019, 10:27 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Atomic Wrote: The insults won't have any affect on me lads so do as you wish. 

So was Bartley at fault yesterday? Or was it Furlong, Ferguson and Townsend who were getting the run around?

Partly at fault for the first goal. He starts running back close enough to the goalscorer then runs too far towards goal failing to mark him. Not his fault alone no, but that's around 6 / 7 goals he's been at least partly culpable for this season alone. That is too many and we simply have to start tightening up defensively. If we don't it'll cost us in the long run.
Finally got round to seeing the goals again. Nothing has changed my mind. 

Sawyers and Ferguson looked like they didn't communicate properly, and let the Barnsley lad go down our left hand side. 

But if you get chance, watch off the ball. Bartley just doesn't do a good job tracking his runner. At one point he even looks over his shoulder while running back, and looks at the attacker, and allows him too much time. He should have gotten tighter to their goalscorer, which would have allowed him to challenge for a header. Instead he was caught in no man's land, no where near anyone.

Am I blaming him entirely for the goal? No. Sawyers and Ferguson were poor in the build up. But Bartley didn't cover himself in glory, and he has been losing his runners all season.

Why can't no one else see it? At least in this instance it's there for all to see! 

Either way, who ever you do or don't blame, it's a very sloppy goal to give away. And it's a habit (conceding sloppy goals) we need to break ASAP.

Yes, it's a good goal from a Barnsley point of view. A nice pacey run down the wing and a good header. But you have to be disappointed in that from a defensive point of view.
Clarnet v2.0
You stop the cross the second phase doesn't come into it
(10-23-2019, 10:31 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Finally got round to seeing the goals again. Nothing has changed my mind. 

Sawyers and Ferguson looked like they didn't communicate properly, and let the Barnsley lad go down our left hand side. 

But if you get chance, watch off the ball. Bartley just doesn't do a good job tracking his runner. At one point he even looks over his shoulder while running back, and looks at the attacker, and allows him too much time. He should have gotten tighter to their goalscorer, which would have allowed him to challenge for a header. Instead he was caught in no man's land, no where near anyone.

Am I blaming him entirely for the goal? No. Sawyers and Ferguson were poor in the build up. But Bartley didn't cover himself in glory, and he has been losing his runners all season.

Why can't no one else see it? At least in this instance it's there for all to see! 

Either way, who ever you do or don't blame, it's a very sloppy goal to give away. And it's a habit (conceding sloppy goals) we need to beak ASAP.

Yes, it's a good goal from a Barnsley point of view. A nice pacey run down the wing and a good header. But you have to be disappointed in that from a defensive point of view.

Spot on
(10-23-2019, 10:33 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You stop the cross the second phase doesn't come into it

Very true. And our full backs have done a decent job all season in that regard. But sometimes they fail and crosses do come in. That's when you expect a CB to head it clear or a GK to come and command his area.
Clarnet v2.0