Heard this Ferguson theory on the tram
We're going to sell Ferguson to Spurs, and use the money to buy Gayle purely to stop Leeds getting him.

Personally I wouldn't do this, my thoughts on our strike force are well known, but I still wouldn't do this. Would you want us to?
Bollocks.
Pretty much what I thought when I heard the chap telling a couple of older blokes it. Then again all them were slagging Zohore for not even making the bench... obviously they don't know he is injured..oh hum
I’ve heard it all now!
In the form of his life.
It will be very short sighted if we sell NF.
Of course he could have indicated he wants to go and it would be so 'Albion' to lose another youngster but he is going to be very good and the type of player we need if we are to have a top flight future.
I do think his performances have been a bit questionable in the last 2 games and I worry that his head might be full of Juventus and Munich(?) stories but he is still fully committed as his red card showed today and we do need to get it sorted.
I wouldn't give the bloke on the tram any credence though.
The only thing that will force the issue is if Fergie refuses acontract- or he is suspended  Big Grin
(10-26-2019, 04:44 PM)MassDebater Wrote: We're going to sell Ferguson to Spurs, and use the money to buy Gayle purely to stop Leeds getting him.

Personally I wouldn't do this, my thoughts on our strike force are well known, but I still wouldn't do this. Would you want us to?

Big Grin Big Grin
(10-26-2019, 04:44 PM)MassDebater Wrote: We're going to sell Ferguson to Spurs, and use the money to buy Gayle purely to stop Leeds getting him.

Load of tosh.

Ferguson will sign a new contract and Gayle isn't coming back.

I reckon we'll get Ajeti or Vydra on loan.
(10-26-2019, 05:44 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Load of tosh.

Ferguson will sign a new contract and Gayle isn't coming back.

I reckon we'll get Ajeti or Vydra on loan.

Think we are more likely to sell Gibbs or Leko or Field to fund any big wage striker on loan in January.

I am confident that Ferguson will sign a new contract with a release clause, and that he’ll be playing in the Premier League one way of another next season. Hopefully for us. However, in all honesty I’d sell Ferguson for £20m or even £15m in January if it enabled us to the necessary business to get us promoted.

Utter tripe.

Ferguson will sign his new deal soon. I actually think the news has affected his level of performance, which is natural. The break may help in, (hoping the contract is signed before Nov 23). We need Gibbs fit as he is so crucial to us going forward.