Rats leaving the sinking ship
(10-31-2019, 10:00 AM)The liquidator Wrote: So why did you say it then ......jess Phillip's totally stuck 2cfingers up to her constituents who voted leave ......I hope every mp who done the same gets voted out labour or tory  ......now once again answer my question what you was hinting at if not keep your vile implications to yourself

Jess Phillips did what she thought was best for them, she does not have to slavishly follow the majority. Perhaps the majority are ill informed and what they were persuaded to do isn’t in their best interests? Perhaps she has duty to all her constituents not just those that were on the winning side of a rather flawed referendum.

In less enlightened times her constituents would have voted against the rights of women, gay rights, black and Asian families living next door to them etc. Luckily our system doesn’t work like that.

Do those that voted to remain have to shut up and not try to reverse the decision? Should we leave the country? Are we traitors?
So just say 15.000 voted . 8.000 majority just for an example and she is saying they are all wrong and she is right .......fuck me nothing like it's all about me me me ......no point in having a mp if she doesn't give a flying fuck what the majority want her to do .
(10-31-2019, 10:19 AM)The liquidator Wrote: So just say 15.000 voted    . 8.000 majority just for an example and she is saying they are all wrong and she is right .......fuck me nothing like it's all about me me me ......no point in having a mp if she doesn't give a flying fuck what the majority want her to do .

If the majority said they all wanted to jump off a cliff she should endorse that then because that’s what the majority wanted? This is mob rule nonsense.
(10-31-2019, 10:16 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:00 AM)The liquidator Wrote: So why did you say it then ......jess Phillip's totally stuck 2cfingers up to her constituents who voted leave ......I hope every mp who done the same gets voted out labour or tory  ......now once again answer my question what you was hinting at if not keep your vile implications to yourself

Jess Phillips did what she thought was best for them, she does not have to slavishly follow the majority. Perhaps the majority are ill informed and what they were persuaded to do isn’t in their best interests? Perhaps she has duty to all her constituents not just those that were on the winning side of a rather flawed referendum.

In less enlightened times her constituents would have voted against the rights of women, gay rights, black and Asian families living next door to them etc. Luckily our system doesn’t work like that.

Dominic Raab's consituency voted to overwhelmingly stay and yet there he is pistols cocked at Mad Boris' side running the Foreign Office! You couldn't make it up.

(10-31-2019, 10:15 AM)The liquidator Wrote: So you refuse to answer my question

I've worked out you're not a misogynist then even though you could have picked on numerous odious white middle aged Tory MPs who've done the same?
I've said before whoever's votes against their constituents needs fucking off ......now once again answer my question Billy?
(10-31-2019, 10:28 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I've said before whoever's votes against their constituents needs fucking off ......now once again answer my question Billy?

I think he doth protest too much.
Still no answer to my question ?

It is a trend in current politics to ignore that the GE of 2017 took place.

Jess Phillips was re-elected by her Yardley constituents with an increased majority, despite her voting/campaigning for remain.

The Labour manifesto of 2017 was suitably vague on Brexit  - iirc something about pushing for a Brexit that protected workers' rights etc - she and her fellow Labour MPs are perfectly within their rights to have the opinion that neither May or Johnson's deals met the criteria set out in the Labour Manifesto for facilitating Brexit.

And another thing why are you not berating Johnson and those Tories that voted against May's deal, surely if we are being even handed about this they are just as culpable as Jess Phliips is in 'obstructing' Brexit.
Come on shabby labour have blocked brexit at every Avenue........they are culpable for this mess .......
That's not true though is it Liq - Boris voted against Theresa May's deal each time. He blocked the deal along with Corbyn, don't believe the hype. If he (and the other ERG members who wanted no deal) would have voted for the original deal it would all have been history now. Don't just accept the lies being spouted.