Richard Keogh - Sacked
I'm guessing it doesn't help that because he was caught doing something illegal, his wages won't be covered by the clubs insurance.
(10-31-2019, 07:50 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 10:55 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It’s a crap situation for all clubs involved in such shenanigans. Sure Derby have done their homework and will be interesting to hear what the full picture is.

They sure as shit haven't sacked Keogh for being the captain and letting the players drink whilst driving. He's not their guardian. They are grown men and if they did sack him for gross misconduct then quite rightly he could take them to the cleaners as the other two should have been dealt the same fate.

No. There is more to this for sure.

If he was the only person in the car then everyone would accept the sacking.  However there were two others in the car and they have not been treated in the same way.  If there aren't additional details that we don't know about then it is a clear case of discrimination and Derby are in trouble.  There must be more to this.
Considering the amount of money these clubs turn over, and the astronomic wages they pay to bang average players it always shocks me just how poor some of their legal advice seems to be.

Granted there's more speculation than anything else on this thread, but if they've offered an injured player a massive cut and then sacked him saying it's due to ill-discipline but not punished the other parties (who some may say are more guilty than Keogh), to the same degree I can't believe someone in their legal team hasn't said "you may need to have a bit of a think about this Mr Morris..."
(10-31-2019, 12:18 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Considering the amount of money these clubs turn over, and the astronomic wages they pay to bang average players it always shocks me just how poor some of their legal advice seems to be.

Granted there's more speculation than anything else on this thread, but if they've offered an injured player a massive cut and then sacked him saying it's due to ill-discipline but not punished the other parties (who some may say are more guilty than Keogh), to the same degree I can't believe someone in their legal team hasn't said "you may need to have a bit of a think about this Mr Morris..."

The other two have criminal convictions over the incident, and Keogh doesn't.

Go figure!!
Has anyone mentioned that there is a big difference between employing someone who can still do the job they are contracted to do .. the 2 convicted, and someone who cannot do the job for at least a year?.. I'm fairly certain had the two convicted been (rightly) jailed for a length of time, they too, like Keogh would have been sacked.
(10-30-2019, 10:06 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 09:55 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Allegedly the one who failed a class a drug test is the one to get fired, not sure if true but puts a different slant on it.

So, out of all the players that were pissed up and left behind, he was the only one who allegedly took the class A drugs? Yeah right! If he walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck....it’s a duck.

(10-30-2019, 10:01 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 09:55 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Allegedly the one who failed a class a drug test is the one to get fired, not sure if true but puts a different slant on it.

Does it? They were apparently prepared to keep him until he didn't accept a pay cut, so clearly drugs didn't pay a part in their decision. Ultimately, if he did take said class A drug in competition time then he's stupid but I'd still firmly say that what Bennett and Lawrence did were several magnitudes worse and they were extremely fortunate someone didn't die, whether that be Keogh or a random person walking near the lamppost that Lawrence totalled his car into.

Possession of class A drugs carries a greater criminal sentence than drink driving doesn’t it? Does that mean Keogh will got to prison? Who knows?

If he had less than 2 grams on him then he'll get off with a caution, which is probably what has happened.

Maybe he went out with Keith Vaz.
(10-31-2019, 01:26 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: Has anyone mentioned that there is a big difference between employing someone who can still do the job they are contracted to do .. the 2 convicted, and someone who cannot do the job for at least a year?.. I'm fairly certain had the two convicted been (rightly) jailed for a length of time, they too, like Keogh would have been sacked.

I'm thinking that Keogh could potentially make an insurance claim against the driver of the car he was in. From an insurance point of view, Keogh would be seen as the innocent victim, which also makes Derby's actions a bit iffy.
(10-31-2019, 02:25 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:26 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: Has anyone mentioned that there is a big difference between employing someone who can still do the job they are contracted to do .. the 2 convicted, and someone who cannot do the job for at least a year?.. I'm fairly certain had the two convicted been (rightly) jailed for a length of time, they too, like Keogh would have been sacked.

I'm thinking that Keogh could potentially make an insurance claim against the driver of the car he was in. From an insurance point of view, Keogh would be seen as the innocent victim, which also makes Derby's actions a bit iffy.

Interesting speculation elsewhere that his wages count against ffp but a legal settlement of his wages wouldn’t
(10-31-2019, 02:31 PM)Idiodyssey Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 02:25 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Interesting speculation elsewhere that his wages count against ffp but a legal settlement of his wages wouldn’t

would explain why they were keen to get him off the wage bill since he's one of their top earners at £30k/wk
Maybe it's all been set up to achieve this end... get them other two to get him drunk and do stupid things... stranger things have happened!