Top 5 decent bands who sometimes release shit albums, why...
1. REM
2. Foo Fighters
3. Green Day
4. Oasis
5. Depeche Mode
6. Dingle Midnight Runners
Any Oasis album after the Masterplan

Agree on the Foos, they’ve hoodwinked me on the last few albums by releasing good singles beforehand.
(10-31-2019, 03:05 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: 1. REM
2. Foo Fighters
3. Green Day
4. Duran Duran
5. Depeche Mode

Duran Duran???
Totally agree. Oasis went downhill fast. They should have made the top 5 in all fairness.

DM have been shite since Dave Gahan got clean, so I'm afraid they keep Oasis out of the league. But it's a good shout in all fairness. In fact fuck it - they can replace Duran Duran (who I was never really that into but the album Ordinary World featured upon was an utter pile of toss).

Regarding the Foos, they are fantastic live and I saw them at Wolves Civic when they only had 10 songs to play back in 1994. Seen them a couple of tiems since. But it's no excuse for Sonic Highways, which was utter shite, and that dick-suck of an 'impro' release wasn't any better. Just like There Is Nothing Left To Lose. Sort it Dave.

(10-31-2019, 03:16 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
2. Foo Fighters
3. Green Day
4. Duran Duran
5. Depeche Mode

Duran Duran???

Changed. Although Ordinary World might as well have lost the word 'world' and been the title of the album. It was sheer cack.
Jefferson Airplane made five classics, then made `Bark`, which was rubbish.
Likewise, The Stones did `Beggars Banquet`, `Let It Bleed`, Sticky Fingers`,`Exile On Main St`. Then made `Goats Head Soup`. Bang average.
Bands on drugs make better music than bands that are not. Discuss.
In the form of his life.
(10-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Bands on drugs make better music than bands that are not. Discuss.

Depends on the band.

Rumours is a cocaine fuelled blast, whereas Be Here Now is a bloated mess.
(10-31-2019, 03:18 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Totally agree. Oasis went downhill fast. They should have made the top 5 in all fairness.

DM have been shite since Dave Gahan got clean, so I'm afraid they keep Oasis out of the league. But it's a good shout in all fairness. In fact fuck it - they can replace Duran Duran (who I was never really that into but the album Ordinary World featured upon was an utter pile of toss).

Regarding the Foos, they are fantastic live and I saw them at Wolves Civic when they only had 10 songs to play back in 1994. Seen them a couple of tiems since. But it's no excuse for Sonic Highways, which was utter shite, and that dick-suck of an 'impro' release wasn't any better. Just like There Is Nothing Left To Lose. Sort it Dave.

(10-31-2019, 03:16 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
2. Foo Fighters
3. Green Day
4. Duran Duran
5. Depeche Mode

Duran Duran???

Changed. Although Ordinary World might as well have lost the word 'world' and been the title of the album. It was sheer cack.

Which DM albums did you class as shite, yPOU tIT?!
The Foo Fighters are a proper singles band
(10-31-2019, 03:40 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Bands on drugs make better music than bands that are not. Discuss.

Depends on the band.

Rumours is a cocaine fuelled blast, whereas Be Here Now is a bloated mess.

Agreed, the first 2 Oasis albums were hardly a sober affair though. On the whole I though Bill Hick’s was right when he said all that great music you like was made by people on drugs.

(10-31-2019, 03:54 PM)Sliced Wrote: The Foo Fighters are a proper singles band

First 2/3 albums are gold, the rest I’d agree with.
In the form of his life.