Teenage Kicks
A DK style post. Just one song that reminds you of your teenage years and why. Mine is Thin Lizzy and Boys Are Back in Town. It was on juke boxes in Stourport every weekend of 1976. The soundtrack to riding our mopeds, games of pool, a shandy or two and chatting up girls. Simple times compared to today I suppose but treasured memories non the less. What's yours?
Oasis - Wonderwall (to be honest any song off Morning Glory)

I was a teenager during the height of Oasis-mania in the mid 90’s and that album was pretty much all I listened to for about two years.
(11-12-2019, 08:51 PM)Duffers Wrote: Oasis - Wonderwall (to be honest any song off Morning Glory)

I was a teenager during the height of Oasis-mania in the mid 90’s and that album was pretty much all I listened to for about two years.

They were the must listen to band even for us old farts
I’m the kind of person who always associates moments in my life with songs that were around at the time. This was particularly the case in my younger years, so there’s probably around 30 or more songs that I could pick, many of them from ‘79 and ‘80, covering my last year at school. 

Right now, I’ll go for this one. The intro sends nostalgic shivers down me.

(11-12-2019, 09:15 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: I’m the kind of person who always associates moments in my life with songs that were around at the time. This was particularly the case in my younger years, so there’s probably around 30 or more songs that I could pick, many of them from ‘79 and ‘80, covering my last year at school. 

Right now, I’ll go for this one. The intro sends nostalgic shivers down me.

I remember that being on MTV about 6 times a day
I remember the day after my History GCSE 6 of us got a lift down to London with a mate's dad to see Silverchair at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. We were the 'grunge' kids at school and Silverchair were my favourite band in the world until I went to uni. I had hair down past my shoulders and dressed like a twat. Great days.

(11-12-2019, 09:32 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I remember the day after my History GCSE 6 of us got a lift down to London with a mate's dad to see Silverchair at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. We were the 'grunge' kids at school and Silverchair were my favourite band in the world until I went to uni. I had hair down past my shoulders and dressed like a twat. Great days.

Unfortunately I never grew out of the long hair and dressing like a twat phase
Rain by the Cult. I was big into goth and indie stuff as teenager then discovered raves and reggae music
Oliver’s Army- Elvis Costello
No particular song but pretty much everything on the first Clash album.