Womens Football and the BBC
The BBC website really seems to be prioritising and championing Women's football.

I've no problem with that, but the reporting seems to be selective. It's constantly going on about the record-breaking support and campaigning about pay parity with the mens game.

What they fail to mention that to see the women's Arsenal Tottenham game costs £15 for a family of 4 (even cheaper if you're a season ticket holder). A season ticket costs £45 (even less ith a mens ST discount) You couldn't even watch non-league mens for that price, much less in the centre of London at a premier stadium.

How many people would turn up to see wba if we charged £15 for a family of four at our category A games? Just as importantly, how big a loss would we make if we adopted that pricing strategy?

Interestingly, all expenditure on women's football is excluded from FFP, so it doesn't even need to make a profit. It's accepted it can't. That means women players already get more than they would in a 'free market'.

Leaving aside the quality difference, I wonder how they can legitimately justify pay parity with the men based on that? Would this record-breaking attendance make a profit or even be possible if it wasn't subsidised by the men's game?

Yet on my browser, the BBC website (the US version) devotes half its leading football stories to Women's football.

Promoting Women's football is a great idea, but be honest about its quality and current appeal, instead of pushing an agenda.

In time, I hope it achieves quality, popularity and therefore parity, but it's not there yet and that, despite what the BBC tries to imply, is the inconvenient truth.

Just thought - maybe women's football dominates the headlines because this is served to the US where women's football isn't far off the men's game in popularity. Which would make sense to show it. If that's the case, oops....

The articles still don't tell the whole story, though and imply more popularity than there is.
Yep, I’m all for women’s football growing in popularity but it is tiresome the BBC’s reporting of it.
No disrespect to the women's game, but it isn't a like for like, drawn in comparison to the male equivalent.

Those words above may be illegal.

As for the BBC, they're a bit leftfield, in more ways than one.
Glad others see it for what it is.
It deserves it’s own section, lumping it in with the men’s game with click bait headlines does nothing to help promote it IMO.
In the form of his life.
(11-17-2019, 08:35 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: It deserves it’s own section, lumping it in with the men’s game with click bait headlines does nothing to help promote it IMO.

Problem is, people (female) are saying it's overkill. The Beeb trying too hard.

As for having its own section, who would have a problem with that? It's got to be separate, surely.
Something that annoys me more than it probably should. On the BBC website if you go to the leagues & cups page they list women’s football between the Premier league & Championship , it’s like they think after the premier league women’s football is the next most important
It's the BBC, it's their goal.

There is no difference. Logic doesn't enter the equation.
(11-17-2019, 07:07 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: What they fail to mention that to see the women's Arsenal Tottenham game costs £15 for a family of 4 (

That 'Sell Out' at Wembley last week was mainly made up of free tickets sent to Schools and clubs, my Daughters school took a couple of coaches
It’s working though, isn’t it. 

The BBC, and I presume other media outlets, have pushed an agenda to make people think women’s football in this country should at least start to be viewed as almost as viable as the men’s game. People go for it. That’s the power of the media. It’s the same power that’s been used to make people see every other team as cannon-fodder to the all-conquering top six Premier League teams.

Their influence obviously doesn’t stop at the gates of sport, but that’s an issue for t’other board.