Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you think fletcher knew something thats why he left for stoke ?
(06-19-2017, 11:04 AM)HULK Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:41 AM)P_K Wrote: "We're not in school anymore" is the usual retort from these people. True, we're not. I was taught English Grammar in school, and I use it to this day. I have no need to go back to school to learn the basics. Perhaps many more should.

HULK THINK EVERY DAY SCHOOL DAY.

You're an adult. Grow up.
Fletcher leaving us was a good move, he had had his best season with us. If Evans goes it is a disaster in my opinion, probably our best signing for a long time. I hope there is no internal turmoil behind this and this does not indicate a spending policy of no sale no buy from our new Chairman.
(06-19-2017, 10:52 AM)Duffmon Wrote:
P_K Wrote:
Baggiepaul68 Wrote:What is the matter with you people on here about spelling and grammar??? Does it matter as long as there is a point made?? I only recently joined and I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered as all I seem to read is people getting very personal towards each other instead of discussing the points raised!!!

Yes, it matters. I'm with Col all the way here.

You are choosing to communicate in the written form of English. Same as on any form of social media. So to not use it correctly is ridiculous, and frankly, any bloody adult who actually went to school has no excuse. Typo or mis-spelling the odd word, fine. But such appalling grammar is ridiculous, and it's getting worse all over the internet.

If you were in the pub and some bloke said "I has an dog at home, he are very well behaving" you'd look at him like he'd gone out. If someone chooses to communicate verbally in English and they mix words up and mispronounce things you'd take the piss. Same should apply in written form.

"We're not in school anymore" is the usual retort from these people. True, we're not. I was taught English Grammar in school, and I use it to this day. I have no need to go back to school to learn the basics. Perhaps many more should.

I agree entirely. I cannot take the opinion of anyone on here seriously on here if they can't use basic English.

+ 1 to both
(06-19-2017, 11:05 AM)P_K Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:41 AM)P_K Wrote: "We're not in school anymore" is the usual retort from these people. True, we're not. I was taught English Grammar in school, and I use it to this day. I have no need to go back to school to learn the basics. Perhaps many more should.

Come on, smile and the world will smile with you  Heart
(06-19-2017, 11:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 11:05 AM)P_K Wrote:

Come on, smile and the world will smile with you  Heart

Perfectly happy mate. Love life at the minute.
What a load of Ball`s, some people children and adults were bought up to be good at certain thing`s, including GRAMMAR AND BASIC ENGLISH other`s were not.I `m one of those who are no good at grammar but enjoy going on all social media boards So stop thinking your better than us just because you had a better education and I don`t need Pratt`s like you trying to tell me how to read and write. Anyway I don`t think Fletcher left for Stoke because of his Education, I believe it was because he was offered a longer and more lucrative contract.
Come on, that's just ridiculous! Big Grin
(06-19-2017, 01:08 PM)P_K Wrote: Come on, that's just ridiculous! Big Grin

Complete wind up  Big Grin