Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appleton
Shakey and Appy worked together at the Academy once upon a time apparently, although I don't recall how they fared.  

It is good to see the Thai owners giving an all-English coaching duo a chance to shine in the Premier League. 
(06-20-2017, 08:48 PM)texas Wrote: Shakey and Appy worked together at the Academy once upon a time apparently, although I don't recall how they fared.  

It is good to see the Thai owners giving an all-English coaching duo a chance to shine in the Premier League. 

They're a team, like Swansea and ourselves in the case of Evans, whose biggest challenges this summer is keeping players at the club rather than recruitment.
(06-19-2017, 11:26 AM)wba_go_boing Wrote: I expect the assistant managers job at Leicester pays a lot more than the managers job at oxford

200k at Oxford  to 500k/year at Leicester allegedly.

Not bad with if you can get it!
So like all footballers and managers he's merceneary. Who'd have thunk it?
Playing career cut short by injury so his earning potential went south. Not that I wouldn't want to be £5 behind him, but he's certainly not CR7 is he!
(06-20-2017, 08:48 PM)texas Wrote: Shakey and Appy worked together at the Academy once upon a time apparently, although I don't recall how they fared.  

A mate of mine used to be in Black Lace and knows the lads really well. He heard that they were planning to team up with Mowbray and AFI and all head for Nottingham Forest. 

Gnush 'vine Apple Shakey tree.
(06-21-2017, 10:20 AM)Sol_9_Rondon Wrote: So like all footballers and managers he's merceneary. Who'd have thunk it?

There is no loyalty in football all round. Oxford would probably have no qualms about sacking him after a run of a few bad results so I wouldn't criticise him for chasing the money in his profession.