Cradley Heathens
We won't be givin it some ommer next season.

No league racing.
Terrible shame that Dudley council wont find a home.

Is there any Heathens meetings? Is this down to lack of dates available at Wolves?
Still remember going as a kid and such a shame to hear of the club's demise.

Fingers crossed someone steps in and once more the Heathens ommer em!
It's a shame , sadly it seems British Speedway in general is in terminal decline, used to go to Dudley Wood as a kid when Penhall was riding for them.
(11-26-2019, 10:40 PM)4-hero Wrote: It's a shame , sadly it seems British Speedway in general is in terminal decline, used to go to Dudley Wood as a kid when Penhall was riding for them.

Penhall, Gundersen, Jan 'O', Hancock, Hamill all of them World Champs, and took the Black Country worldwide.

Cradley really were the Man U of Speedway, back in the day. 

Manchester Council paid for and built a stadium for Belle Vue. Dudley council won't even help to find a piece of land for Cradley. It's a fucking disgrace.
Why Dudley? Cradley Heath is in Sandwell. Those council bods at Oldbury seem to be getting off a bit light here.
(11-27-2019, 07:29 AM)SONGTHRUSH Wrote: Why Dudley? Cradley Heath is in Sandwell. Those council bods at Oldbury seem to be getting off a bit light here.
Dudley Wood was located in the Metropolitan Borough of its name.

Sandwell hasn't done much to help, either.
Would anyone here put their money into speedway? I wouldn’t and I’m a lifelong fan. I think there’s only 7 teams in the elite league and hardly any GP riders among them.
No loss. How is this even considered a sport?
(11-27-2019, 08:48 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: No loss. How is this even considered a sport?

Ask Erik Gundersen who was a triple World Champion, and a Cradley rider, and was crippled riding a bike to answer that one. The fact he was riden over by two of his team mates Simon Cross and Lance King doesn't help. Erik wasn't expected to live.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s...-30-years/

Fucking Cunt  Angry Angry Angry