Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long would you give him ?
With our useless end of results at the end of the season AGAIN how long would you give Pulis before sacking him if we have a poor start to the season ?

5 poor results and get rid asap .

As you were x
Get rid of him and replace him with who though? Moyes, Pardew, Lambert, Puel? I don't think its as easy as lets just get rid.
(07-13-2017, 11:25 AM)Big Cyrille Wrote: With our useless end of results at the end of the season AGAIN how long would you give Pulis before sacking him if we have a poor start to the season ?

5 poor results and get rid asap .

As you were x

I think as we have a relatively easy fixture list at the beginning of the season, I'd agree, five games.
I think it would take a continued poor run with a long stretch of games in the relegation zone for the club to consider changing it mid season. I do struggle to see Pulis being here beyond next summer if he doesn't leave before though. I just don't think his way of working in terms of playing squad and recruitment is going to be workable with the clubs finances, particularly as the cost of transfers are only going one way.

It does feel like it's getting to a point, although maybe not this Summer,where TP wants players we can't afford and but isn't keen on those that we can. That will surely mean that the club, Pulis or both will have to make a decision on how to go forward.
I have said time and time again, when Pulis goes. Hodgson will walk right back in. He knows people like Williams well and gets on high level staff.
(07-13-2017, 11:35 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Get rid of him and replace him with who though? Moyes, Pardew, Lambert, Puel? I don't think its as easy as lets just get rid.

There is a big world out there just not the run of the mill crap that gets churned out at every club thats in trouble . Look at what southampton did sacked Nigel Atkins and got poch in and they haven't looked back in how they played .
Sadly I don't think TP is the kind of manager you can sack midway through a season.

His training and disciplines take a lot of undoing, and with our group of players having enjoyed their best spells under managers dedicated to shape and organisation we'd have to replace him with a like for like boss - and given we already have the best in the business at keeping troubled sides in the division, there's little value to be had in making a switch.

I'd have let TP leave this summer - I think he's served his purpose and now was an opportunity to build something a little more progressive and embrace a different transfer approach which would be less restrictive on age and experience whilst we still have a solid nucleus of players good enough to avoid relegation.

Put simply, regardless of results/playing style, I think we need to stick with TP until next May now.
I'd be surprised if we had a really poor start, especially in view of the easy fixtures. Tony will do enough for his job to be safe.

I expect the end will come either when the club are looking to be more entertaining and they finally realise that Tony can't deliver that, or when he no longer needs the job. No idea when that will be.
Agree with SW4. If we're going to get rid it needs to be in the summer and have some kind of plan of how the playing style is going to develop.
I always thought it would be a short term fix with Pulis, but it's probably lasted longer than most fans thought it would.
He's done the job I thought he would, but I don't think we'll ever get away from the same debates regarding his rigid style after every season.
Won't happen. Don't live in false hope.