Here’s a news story for debate- man or woman
It's her views, seems a bit much.

I don't know why people get so wound up about what people want to call themselves. He, she, they, who's arsed. Makes absolutely no difference to me and if it makes people feel more comfortable I'm all for it.
Haven't read the transcript so can't comment.
(12-20-2019, 09:03 AM)Squid Wrote: This is the individual who Maya Forstater was accused of misgendering.

No it isn't, she went way beyond that and referred to several other people and then generalised trans women as a whole. Below is a quote from one of the medium articles she wrote with regards to what she believes trans women are in general. In that piece, she also admits that her tweets that were picked up by her former employer were designed to be deliberately provocative.

"When men wear make-up, heels, dresses they don’t become women. But the norm seems to be that we should pretend they do to avoid hurt feelings."

Seems pretty explicit that it's referring to trans women as just men in drag. She also said that she doesn't feel that men feeling they they're women, i.e. gender dysphoria, "has basis in material reality". These points are referenced in the judgment report, I recommend you read it. Her opinions on that councillor had no bearing whatsoever. Quite frankly, that's being an arsehole, denying their existence and I don't see why it's her business to care, I fully understand why a private company would not deem her suitable for a forward facing service role and why they didn't extend her contract.
I knew someone who was both sexes.

They had to choose which to be.

Not easy. Not fun either.

People - all people - should just let others be.
Having looked at it, I can't help but feel freedom of speech is being shut down.
I often used to see Nikki Sinclair, the former UKIP politician, who was quite clearly a man who had had a sex change. The story broke a few years ago that she had been a he. It was as obvious as saying it's raining today.
For instance my son who was about 11 then saw Nikki in the local Tesco Express and said: "Dad, there's a massive bloke dressed as a woman."
It wasn't my child carrying out a hate crime, just the world in his eyes. After all I have probably never seen a woman as big as a heavyweight boxer in height and frame as she(being PC) is- at least, 6 4.
I think most people are sympathetic and respectful of those who have real issues with their gender- it's not like the 1970s any more. However, all of us are permanently walking on egg shells in such hypersensitive times.
(12-20-2019, 01:49 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: I knew someone who was both sexes.

I once bought a book called "Middlesex" thinking it might be cricket related through the Gatting, Fraser era. Couldn't have been more wrong.
(12-20-2019, 12:56 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 09:03 AM)Squid Wrote: This is the individual who Maya Forstater was accused of misgendering.

No it isn't, she went way beyond that and referred to several other people and then generalised trans women as a whole. Below is a quote from one of the medium articles she wrote with regards to what she believes trans women are in general. In that piece, she also admits that her tweets that were picked up by her former employer were designed to be deliberately provocative.

"When men wear make-up, heels, dresses they don’t become women. But the norm seems to be that we should pretend they do to avoid hurt feelings."

Seems pretty explicit that it's referring to trans women as just men in drag. She also said that she doesn't feel that men feeling they they're women, i.e. gender dysphoria, "has basis in material reality". These points are referenced in the judgment report, I recommend you read it. Her opinions on that councillor had no bearing whatsoever. Quite frankly, that's being an arsehole, denying their existence and I don't see why it's her business to care, I fully understand why a private company would not deem her suitable for a forward facing service role and why they didn't extend her contract.

You keep coming out with denying their existence. Nobody is denying their existence of transpeople

But we don't have to believe that clothes or surgery makes someone a women.
We can accept they prefer to present as female, but
being a women is more than a feeling in a man's head, gender dysphoria or not.

And for all those people saying "just be nice". Women were nice. Far, far nicer than men. It's not us assaulting and killing trans women.

But then trans activists called us bigots for wanting single sex spaces, hateful for wanting women only shelters, evil for wanting women's prisons to be only for women, stealing sporting competitions from us and all the while showering any women who disagrees with hate. Even putting up a billboard saying Woman = adult human female is "provocative".

You mentioned that you were unsure about Self-ID, women have to meet in secret to discuss that legislation because if trans activists find out where the meetings they harrass the venue.

And again, watch this video, see the gleeful teenage boy getting to change with the teenage girls and the actual girl sobbing as a result. https://youtu.be/BG-9IfXtRgY

It's not men having to suffer. It's us.
(12-20-2019, 02:32 PM)Fido Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 01:49 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: I knew someone who was both sexes.

I once bought a book called "Middlesex" thinking it might be cricket related through the Gatting, Fraser era. Couldn't have been more wrong.

Mike Gatting? That's who I was talking about!
(12-20-2019, 12:07 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: Person doesn't have contract renewed by charity who feel that get views will negatively impact the way they operate due to their role , person then has a tantrum. Complete non-story and the fact she brought it to a tribunal is quite frankly a waste of time and money.

And, and frankly, the person involved in this seems like a massive arsehole. She wasn't fired, her contract wasn't renewed, and wanting to call other people whatever gender you want is not a protected political belief.

But it does appear forcing other people to abandon their beliefs and call you whatever gender you choose to be is.

(12-20-2019, 03:13 PM)Squid Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 12:56 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

You keep coming out with denying their existence.  Nobody is denying their existence of transpeople

But we don't have to believe that clothes or surgery makes someone a women.
We can accept they prefer to present as female, but
being a women is more than a feeling in a man's head, gender dysphoria or not.

And for all those people saying "just be nice". Women were nice. Far, far nicer than men. It's not us assaulting and killing trans women.

But then trans activists called us bigots for wanting single sex spaces, hateful for wanting women only shelters, evil for wanting women's prisons to be only for women, stealing sporting competitions from us and all the while showering any women who disagrees with hate. Even putting up a billboard saying Woman = adult human female is "provocative".

You mentioned that you were unsure about Self-ID, women have to meet in secret to discuss that legislation because if trans activists find out where the meetings they harrass the venue.

And again, watch this video, see the gleeful teenage boy getting to change with the teenage girls and the actual girl sobbing as a result. https://youtu.be/BG-9IfXtRgY

It's not men having to suffer. It's us.
+1.