Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy Prices
There's also loads of potential in green gas produced from grass, Ecotricity are planning to build several gas Mills to produce this
(08-03-2017, 07:57 PM)BoringBaggie Wrote: You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.
No, I just don't agree with your prescription.

The UK is ONLY country in the world to have enshrined carbon cuts in law. If you think we'll make a difference alone whilst at the same time gently impoverishing ourselves then I'd suggest, gently, that you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.

(08-03-2017, 07:34 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 04:51 PM)Protheroe Wrote: When I'm reading by candlelight due to the lack of wind and chronic underinvestment in cheap baseload energy infrastructure I'll thank my lucky stars we 'diversified' energy supplies in a vain attempt to prevent me having to punt down the Victoria Embankment.

Where's the Vicky Embankment in the Grove mon? You've just about got a cut as I recall

Keep up old chap. I haven't been in the Grove for years.
(08-03-2017, 09:19 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 07:57 PM)BoringBaggie Wrote: You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The UK is ONLY country in the world to have enshrined carbon cuts in law. If you think we'll make a difference alone whilst at the same time gently impoverishing ourselves then I'd suggest, gently, that you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Yes, we are the only country who can do anything and are the only ones trying anything, that is definitely what I said. The fact that I said as a collective in my first comment in this thread seems to have missed you. We are not the only country to have made commitments towards cutting carbon emissions through carbon targets. Some countries have way more stringent regulations regarding the targets.

The carbon cuts law you have talked about were based on a time period of 42 years, can be repealed at any time very easily if needs be and has been expanded on by 3 separate energy acts under 3 separate governments. It does not say we must use x type of resource abandoning all others. And how exactly will getting cleaner energy using resources that can easily provide more than what we currently use while being just as reliable, as well as electrifying railways and removing NO2 producing vehicles from urban centres greatly impoverish us?
(08-03-2017, 09:19 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

(08-03-2017, 07:34 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 04:51 PM)Protheroe Wrote: When I'm reading by candlelight due to the lack of wind and chronic underinvestment in cheap baseload energy infrastructure I'll thank my lucky stars we 'diversified' energy supplies in a vain attempt to prevent me having to punt down the Victoria Embankment.

Where's the Vicky Embankment in the Grove mon? You've just about got a cut as I recall

Keep up old chap. I haven't been in the Gove for years.

Fixed
(08-04-2017, 08:23 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Keep up old chap. I haven't been in the Gove for years.

Though I do hang out of chaps regularly. On horseback.
Costs of offshore windfarms coming down.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...record-low