Barcelona
(01-14-2020, 08:53 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 08:06 PM)Duffers Wrote: I own a Barcelona shirt.

Come at me.

You're a dickhead. 

Ends thread.

Thanks
(01-14-2020, 07:05 PM)Squid Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 06:57 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 06:46 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Glory hunting types who also support the likes of Liverpool.
Once asked my eldest if he wanted a Barca or Madrid top like his mates. He said he'd buy me a Villa or Wolves top if I did. I must have taught him well  Big Grin

Does it count if you buy tops for their aesthetic or underdog quality?

I have a lovely Deportivo de Coruña blue and white striped (not navy sadly) top, plus a white Fiorentina change top with purple trim and their wonderful fleur-de-lays emblem.

No. That is football poncery which is almost as bad.

I was going to write that your reply was cruel but fair. But tbh it seemed to hint at something deeper ... envy?
(01-14-2020, 06:57 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 06:46 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Glory hunting types who also support the likes of Liverpool.
Once asked my eldest if he wanted a Barca or Madrid top like his mates. He said he'd buy me a Villa or Wolves top if I did. I must have taught him well  Big Grin

Does it count if you buy tops for their aesthetic or underdog quality?

I have a lovely Deportivo de Coruña blue and white striped (not navy sadly) top, plus a white Fiorentina change top with purple trim and their wonderful fleur-de-lays emblem.

Depends how you look at it. I'm not a great fan of supporters wearing other teams football tops, be that domestic clubs or international teams.

That said I used to wear the old Springbok rugby top back in the 90s. I don't know why but I just really liked it and that's despite not being a massive rugby fan.

But football wise not for me. My wife and son went on holiday to Spain back in 2014 and she told me he'd asked for a Real Madrid top whilst they were out there.

I said no chance.Yet without wanting to be mean I asked if there were any international tops in the sports shop. So she ran through a list and mentioned Malta (they were in Spain).

So I said Malta it is. Why? Because it kept him happy on the day, I knew he'd never wear it out or at the football and it would never be mentioned again. Everyone's a winner. Sorted.
I have a collection of shirts from around the world, both foreign clubs and international teams. Tend to wear them for running, five a side or general lounging around the house.

Personal favourite is the blue and yellow Club America one I picked up in Mexico.
[Image: CwXfyGNXEAAx8t9.jpg]
So you’ve seen me then?