Conor Gallagher
Recalled from his loan spell at Charlton by Chelsea. Looking to send him out again it seems, it was reported that we were interested.

Any reports on how he played Saturday?
Heading to a side towards the top of the Championship. I think Swansea appear to be favourites although we were linked.
(01-14-2020, 11:39 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Recalled from his loan spell at Charlton by Chelsea. Looking to send him out again it seems, it was reported that we were interested.

I thought he looked decent. Not sure why he's being recalled to be sent to a club in the same division?
(01-14-2020, 11:57 AM)ABBaggie Wrote: Heading to a side towards the top of the Championship. I think Swansea appear to be favourites although we were linked.

Swansea have said that their business is done.
(01-14-2020, 12:02 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:39 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Recalled from his loan spell at Charlton by Chelsea. Looking to send him out again it seems, it was reported that we were interested.

I thought he looked decent. Not sure why he's being recalled to be sent to a club in the same division?

I’d imagine to see how he performs under greater pressure.
It’s a yes from me.

Quality player that we could always find a role for. It’s a no brainer if the finances make sense.
Looked very decent to me.

Everyone is hammering Ajayi for conceding the free kick but it takes two to tango and Gallagher did a great job of wriggling in front of him. Looks like a decent outlet type which we miss when Diang or (to a lesser extent Edwards) isn't on the pitch.
(01-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:57 AM)ABBaggie Wrote: Heading to a side towards the top of the Championship. I think Swansea appear to be favourites although we were linked.

Swansea have said that their business is done.

Not seen that. He was part of the World cup youth side with Brewster & Gruel managed by Cooper who have both ended up there so I would have had them down as strong favourites but it would be great if we could jump in. Terrific little player.
(01-14-2020, 01:13 PM)MGalea Wrote: Looked very decent to me.

Everyone is hammering Ajayi for conceding the free kick but it takes two to tango and Gallagher did a great job of wriggling in front of him. Looks like a decent outlet type which we miss when Diang or (to a lesser extent Edwards) isn't on the pitch.

Although he played wider than usual on Saturday he's mostly a defensive/central midfielder as opposed to an outlet.
    It's a straight fight between us and Swansea for him and a decision will apparently be reached in the next few days.