Bowen bid made
(01-16-2020, 08:53 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 08:40 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Looks like the Croatian lad is our main target out wide.
Alan Nixon who broke the Leeds/Bowen story is still convinced Gayle is our striker target.

Orsic is clearly the high priority when it comes to Bilic

I hope we sign Orsic, I reckon he could have the same impact for us as Perreira and Diangana have.
With promotion not a given and an unsupportive owner IMO the costs being mentioned are not in our best interests.
If our owner was backing us no problem, but with very little wiggle room we need to look at better VFM players.
The list of players who's contracts are up in June also needs serious consideration - Although this is more of a tomorrows problem
it's not going away.
(01-16-2020, 09:05 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 08:40 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Looks like the Croatian lad is our main target out wide.
Alan Nixon who broke the Leeds/Bowen story is still convinced Gayle is our striker target.

I hope we sign Orsic, I reckon he could have the same impact for us as Perreira and Diangana have.

Is he a striker or wide? I've seen mention today he's more a winger. I was hoping he'd be more a centre forward.
(01-16-2020, 09:08 PM)Peachy Wrote:

Is he a striker or wide? I've seen mention today he's more a winger. I was hoping he'd be more a centre forward.

Wide in a 3 or number 10 role I've heard
(01-16-2020, 09:12 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 09:08 PM)Peachy Wrote:

Wide in a 3 or number 10 role I've heard

Preferred for me. Phillips the most under threat of first Eleven.
Bowen was Slavs priority before the window, 100%
We were in dialogue with Hull prior to the window opening, it was always going to be a difficult deal to get over the line 
I've heard nothing positive or negative since the start of the window, only Hull reluctant to sell whilst they have a shout of the play offs
The croat I knew nothing about so I presume hes the plan b after Bowen as he plays similar positions and it seems would cost less, makes sense I guess???

Positive news is we seen keen to strengthen in areas we need to improve which is good to see

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-16-2020, 08:46 PM)Peachy Wrote: £3m now followed by £15m is a great bit of business imo.  We should be matching that.

The kicker with that deal is with FFP. I don't know where we or Leeds stand with regards FFP but I'd imagine the deal would have to be a compulsory purchase irrespective of promotion as he's out of contract in the summer. If whoever signs him misses out on promotion that is a big outlay.

He’s not really out of contract in the summer.  Hull have a one-year extension on him which means he has 18 months left.
(01-16-2020, 08:46 PM)Peachy Wrote: £3m now followed by £15m is a great bit of business imo.  We should be matching that.

The kicker with that deal is with FFP. I don't know where we or Leeds stand with regards FFP but I'd imagine the deal would have to be a compulsory purchase irrespective of promotion as he's out of contract in the summer. If whoever signs him misses out on promotion that is a big outlay.

Only a great bit of business if it’s accepted. At the moment it’s just a great offer and is something I imagine we could definitely match, but Hull would be crazy to accept it in the position they are currently in
(01-17-2020, 06:01 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

Only a great bit of business if it’s accepted. At the moment it’s just a great offer and is something I imagine we could definitely match, but Hull would be crazy to accept it in the position they are currently in

But Hull know he can negotiate a free transfer soon. I don't know the date of their finances but I'd imagine a guaranteed £18m is better than a long shot at getting promoted via the play offs.

I think he'll go this window personally.
(01-17-2020, 07:17 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 06:01 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

But Hull know he can negotiate a free transfer soon. I don't know the date of their finances but I'd imagine a guaranteed £18m is better than a long shot at getting promoted via the play offs.

I think he'll go this window personally.

Clever deal by Leeds & will be difficult to simply dismiss. Puts the onus on prem clubs matching or beating it.