Bowen bid made
We still appear to be focussed on goal scoreres - IMHO a new midfield general / enforcer should be our priority.
But what the hell do I know.
(01-17-2020, 04:09 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: We still appear to be focussed on goal scoreres - IMHO a new midfield general / enforcer should be our priority.

I agree we are pretty powder puff and light in that department which is a main reason we concede so many goals
(01-17-2020, 05:09 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 04:09 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: We still appear to be focussed on goal scoreres - IMHO a new midfield general / enforcer should be our priority.

I agree we are pretty powder puff and light in that department which is a main reason we concede so many goals
Exactly this.
(01-17-2020, 05:10 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 05:09 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Exactly this.

I thought it was more to do with the fact we can't defend crosses or corners, a large proportion of our goals are conceded from crosses or corners.
Can't see a midfield general/enforcer (whatever that hipster position is) will help, we need to stop crosses, and be better at defending.

To replace?

Sawyers and Livermore aren't going to be improved on. We struggle with crosses defensively more than anything.
(01-17-2020, 07:24 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

To replace?

Sawyers and Livermore aren't going to be improved on. We struggle with crosses defensively more than anything.

If you stop the crosses birdy the problem is solved on corners I have no confidence in zonal.marking the players shift their responsibility
(01-17-2020, 07:33 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

To replace?

If you stop the crosses birdy the problem is solved on corners I have no confidence in zonal.marking the players shift their responsibility

Since we aren't great at clearing crosses we should be stopping them coming in. 

Nothing to do with zonal marking, everything to do with full backs not stopping wide players getting crosses in.

To replace?

Has anyone got some reliable stats for how many goals we concede from the wing and corners?
(01-17-2020, 07:34 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 07:33 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

To replace?

Since we aren't great at clearing crosses we should be stopping them coming in. 

Nothing to do with zonal marking, everything to do with full backs not stopping wide players getting crosses in.

I see who ever ? being more of a box to box type player, who urges on. organises, bullies and motivates those around him.
A Mulumbo / Fletcher type of player. Sawyers and Livermore don't appear to have those type of skills IMHO.
(01-17-2020, 07:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

To replace?

Has anyone got some reliable stats for how many goals we concede from the wing and corners?

Yeah, 

fucking loads!

Big Grin