That thing about not subbing a sub
When you came on in the third minute, does it really count?
(01-20-2020, 11:11 PM)sickParrot Wrote: When you came on in the third minute, does it really count?
There is no doubt it caught Bilic out. 
What was the point in changing the preparation of a week by bringing on Zohore and with it the game plan when he could have gone like for like with Edwards and then change it later if it wasn't working.
It was a strange choice IMO.
Krov or Edwards would have been better, wasn't anyone near us thought that bringing Ken on was right. Still would have started Big Ken though.
Agree that Edwards should have came on.

HRK didn’t deserve to be subbed, did Slav leave the big man on because he didn’t want to sub a sub? I I’d take think me made a decent run, a pass forward or gave the keeper a save to make.
(01-20-2020, 11:15 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 11:11 PM)sickParrot Wrote: When you came on in the third minute, does it really count?
What was the point in changing the preparation of a week by bringing on Zohore and with it the game plan when he could have gone like for like with Edwards and then change it later if it wasn't working.
My thoughts too. Go with Edwards and stick with plan A. Ken had a shocker so I suppose we have the benefit of hindsight but we simply had no penetration left hand side at all. Also, Brunt showed tonight why he brings more to the team than Townsend.

Bang on ,not often this season Bilic has got something wrong , but this was a major error.
(01-21-2020, 06:21 AM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: There is no doubt it caught Bilic out. 

Bang on ,not often this season Bilic has got something wrong , but this was a major error.
Up until Wigan I’d agree but since then subs and in-game changes have been woeful IMO.
he is without doubt one of the worst centre forwards I ve ever seen at the Albion and I ve seen some shit!
Agree totally.

Slav got that wrong. I guess he was just caught out completely by it.

With Edwards on, we'd have carried a much greater threat going forward and, tbh, I'm pretty sure we'd have won the game. We all saw the difference once Brunty came on; Stoke were getting battered.

Same with Austin. Why only give him 15 minutes? We should have given him at least half an hour and started pinging crosses into the box with 30 minutes still to go.
(01-21-2020, 10:19 AM)johntoewba Wrote: he is without doubt one of the worst centre forwards I ve ever seen at the Albion and I ve seen some shit!

Perhaps not quite in the Stewart Evans / Stuart Phillips / Jeroen Boere level of non-entityness, but given his large fee, I must agree that he is a waste of space.