Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Harper
I know he was only on for 20 minutes but he looked very impressive. Looked to get forward and play the ball forward bit like Delph. Actually thought he looked better than Field. 

Also thought that was the best Livermore has played in the more advanced role rather than holding.
Gutted for him when Rondon didn't play him in at the end, was set up brilliantly for a debut goal!
(08-12-2017, 06:17 PM)clem4england Wrote: I know he was only on for 20 minutes but he looked very impressive. Looked to get forward and play the ball forward bit like Delph. Actually thought he looked better than Field. 

Also thought that was the best Livermore has played in the more advanced role rather than holding.

Agree - he's two years younger than Field.  What a prospect.
(08-12-2017, 06:21 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 06:17 PM)clem4england Wrote: I know he was only on for 20 minutes but he looked very impressive. Looked to get forward and play the ball forward bit like Delph. Actually thought he looked better than Field. 

Agree - he's two years younger than Field.  What a prospect.

And about a foot taller than him, and Field isn't exactly a midget.
I think he's a great prospect but thought it passed him by a little today if I'm being honest

Needs to go out on loan as does Field, and Leko and Wilson for that matter

Cuzer
I think it was very brave of Pulis to replace Field with Harper
(08-12-2017, 07:55 PM)Sol_9_Rondon Wrote: I think it was very brave of Pulis to replace Field with Harper

For once ziz i agree with you , the lad Harper looked very sharpe seems to have abit more strengh than field , young field looked abit out of his depth today was chasing shadows mostly agree he needs game time out on loan , but honestly what a nice position for the club to be in with 2 good young prospects in this age of insane transfer fees, who with the right care could go on to become albion legends.
Field was head and shoulders above Harper.

Both are exciting prospects though.
This desperation to send out our youngsters out on loan, seems to me just a device to avoid making a difficult decision.

For very young players who have yet to make the first team, then they can be useful, and for older players (and I mean by that those who are 19+) it can give them an opportunity to impress another football club.

But for players such as Field and Leko, who have now spent over a year in the first team squad it seems a sign that the club does not have full confidence in the player.

That's why for my money, Pulis giving game time to both Field and Harper was so refreshing, a bold and correct decision which did not backfire and demonstrates that introducing youngsters in the first team can go hand in hand with positive results.
(08-12-2017, 07:10 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: I think he's a great prospect but thought it passed him by a little today if I'm being honest

Needs to go out on loan as does Field, and Leko and Wilson for that matter

Cuzer

Agree with that, a year out on loan in the championship is exactly what they need.