RIP

Ayresome Park.
Roker Park.
The Victoria Ground.
White Hart Lane.
Wembley.
Highfield Road

and many others too.

I don't get to many games now but I miss those grounds.

And no, I dont give a fck about comfort. If I want to be comfortable I'll stay at home!
(01-26-2020, 02:22 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: RIP

Ayresome Park.
Roker Park.
The Victoria Ground.
White Hart Lane.
Wembley.
Highfield Road

and many others too.

I don't get to many games now but I miss those grounds.

And no, I dont give a fck about comfort. If I want to be comfortable I'll stay at home!

Yep......and also:

The Baseball Ground
Filbert Street
The Dell
Highbury
Maine Road
Yesterday was as soulless as it comes ...
Was speaking to a west ham fan on the way to the tube and he was totally depressed about the stadium .....a decent bloke who wished us well and said billic will be good for us .......the other arseholes who support them thsts another thing altogether .
(01-26-2020, 12:24 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 08:48 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 08:25 AM)Hermit Throstle Wrote: Had they forgotten how to sing? Because other than the blowing bubbles bollox at the start of each half, I never heard them. I see what they mean, when they say the stadium ain't got no soul.

A stadium move destroys your support

A football ground is like the most loved family home. It takes a long, long time to even start to feel anything like at home at a new place. 

Once you've been there for 22 years like we have then you start to accumulate more and more supporters who never knew the old place, but for some, there'll always be a yearning for the old girl and a lot of resentment towards the owners who took her away.

We all know that the new stadiums are plastic in body and soul, just like football itself nowadays. If they ever suggest moving from the Hawthorns, I'd recommend mass resistance from the second the idea is first muted. Don't let it build a head of steam else you'll never stand a chance of stopping it..

Must admit i didn't notice who'd posted the above, and thought it was someone playing off the recent Leeds post where they said we'd only been at the Hawthorns for 25 years or something...

I think if we moved I wouldn't go, it just wouldn't be the same.
They've definitely got some dickheads. Walking from the train we're directed "away fans this way". All quite impressive I thought only to meet the same West Ham supporters at the turnstile. Ludicrous. Then Albion fans are exchanging punches with West Ham as we're queuing up to get searched. What's the search all about - complete waste of time.
(01-26-2020, 11:05 AM)fuzzbox Wrote: Ultimately, it wasn't designed to be a football ground - and it shows.

My comment at football this morning.

Athletics Stadium with a football pitch plonked In the middle.

Long way round from the tube as well.
(01-26-2020, 04:11 PM)shadman Wrote: They've definitely got some dickheads. Walking from the train we're directed "away fans this way". All quite impressive I thought only to meet the same West Ham supporters at the turnstile. Ludicrous. Then Albion fans are exchanging punches with West Ham as we're queuing up to get searched. What's the search all about - complete waste of time.

Didn't see any aggro myself. Their real fan base is certainly made up of a raw element.  Never had any issues with them though.
Some of them tried to come the bigun on the way to the ground so my pals told me and they got more than they could handle .
Sitting in the upper tier yesterday you could see things being thrown occasionally at the baggies fans in the lower seats. I experienced something similar when we went there in the prem .