Bilic Press Conference Summary
(01-31-2020, 03:28 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 02:56 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 02:15 PM)Sliced Wrote: No more attackers today.
Trying to get in another defender.
Quina not ruled out or confirmed either way. 
Ferguson didn't want to come back on loan but discussions ongoing.
Also we're considering bringing in Martin Olsson on a free after the deadline.

Fucking madness if Ferguson comes back on loan.
Agree. Fans would probably give him stick.

Bilic wanted him, but it doesn't look like it'll happen.

Be interesting if the deal falls through though, and he plays ahead of others who want to play for us.

I always prefer committed players, which is why I despise Chadli, berahino...And maybe now Ferguson.
We managed to reintegrate Odemwingie, but agree it's probably better he buggers off to Croydon. A great shame that he has slipped through the net, but with these youngsters we win some and lose some.
Megameh.
We needed a transformative window, but as this one winds down I see nothing that'll keep the grey of the last eight games at bay.
Playoffs.
(01-31-2020, 03:52 PM)Pneumann Wrote: Megameh.
We needed a transformative window, but as this one winds down I see nothing that'll keep the grey of the last eight games at bay.
Playoffs.

We're second in the table and have only lost 4 games all season. We've made two very good signings, increasing our attacking options and will soon be welcoming two of the best attacking players into the fold in Pereira and Diangana.

Automatics.
If and it's a big if, we can add attacking prowess in a similar fashion to the early part of the season we're in with a real chance.
If and it's still a big if, we can force the opposition back and remove the doubling up Pereira, creating space for Sawyers and Phillips
to utilise we're still in with a real chance. I'm still worried we have not purchased a leader with teeth to stiffen our resolve when
teams push forward and push us back. A box to box midfielder with drive, determination and a big stick to motivate the slackers
would have been my top priority. But then again what do I know.
(01-31-2020, 03:59 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
Playoffs.

We're second in the table and have only lost 4 games all season. We've made two very good signings, increasing our attacking options and will soon be welcoming two of the best attacking players into the fold in Pereira and Diangana.

Automatics.
T
            R
                    E
                         N
                           D

V
                             V
                             V
(01-31-2020, 04:20 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: If and it's a big if, we can add attacking prowess in a similar fashion to the early part of the season we're in with a real chance.
If and it's still a big if, we can force the opposition back and remove the doubling up Pereira, creating space for Sawyers and Phillips
to utilise we're still in with a real chance. I'm still worried we have not purchased a leader with teeth to stiffen our resolve when
teams push forward and push us back. A box to box midfielder with drive, determination and a big stick to motivate the slackers

Why is it a 'big' if? We had no trouble in the first 20 odds matches and we'll soon be back playing and getting results like we were during that period.

They can double up on Pereira all they like, but soon there will be times when they'll be coping with trying to stop Pereira, Diangana, Grosicki and Robinson, a ridiculously strong attack for this league.
(01-31-2020, 04:28 PM)Pneumann Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 03:59 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
Playoffs.

Automatics.
T
            R
                    E
                         N
                           D

V
                             V
                             V

It must be terrible to suffer from such a distinct lack of imagination and foresight.
We've got Kanu!!!!

Does Defender = Olsson?
(01-31-2020, 04:33 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 04:20 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: If and it's a big if, we can add attacking prowess in a similar fashion to the early part of the season we're in with a real chance.

Why is it a 'big' if? We had no trouble in the first 20 odds matches and we'll soon be back playing and getting results like we were during that period.

They can double up on Pereira all they like, but soon there will be times when they'll be coping with trying to stop Pereira, Diangana, Grosicki and Robinson, a ridiculously strong attack for this league.

Why?  because throwing a couple of better fitter attackers on doesn't solve our issues at the other end of the pitch.
Need to get Austin out there more. He plays 15 minutes and is still our top scorer. He's our only threat in the bo, and we need 1 out there to do this. When he is out there we look more dangerous, without him we are just passing it around