Worst weather conditions you've seen Albion play in?
(02-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Huggybear Wrote: Think I seem to remember a night match against Bolton around 1980.Torrential rain and the game finished 4-4.Remember it for the Remi Moses chant "Moses stop the rain Moses Moses stop the rain"

You are right. What was so remarkable then was the crowd was shockingly low, disproportionately so, due to the weather. There was about 11,000 when we would have expected 15,000.
(02-11-2020, 08:36 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Huggybear Wrote: Think I seem to remember a night match against Bolton around 1980.Torrential rain and the game finished 4-4.Remember it for the Remi Moses chant "Moses stop the rain Moses Moses stop the rain"

You are right. What was so remarkable then was the crowd was shockingly low, disproportionately so, due to the weather. There was about 11,000 when we would have expected 15,000.

What was the capacity then?
(02-11-2020, 08:44 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 08:36 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

What was the capacity then?

It was 38,600. It had been since 76. The gates tailed off everywhere in the 80s as hooligans took hold. In the days of terracing and arriving on the day without tickets we could see enormous crowds and poor ones. 
The weather put thousands off that night Jacko. Not everyone is as devoted as you be it in 1980 or 40 years later.
(02-11-2020, 07:05 PM)Netherbaggy Wrote: ColdestBig Grinunfermline home Feb 69,
Bristol City New Years Day 79.
IIRC that was the game where our players wore boots with short rubber studs. 

They gave amazing grip on a frozen pitch whereas BC were like Bambi on ice.

We won 3-1 I think after BC changed boots at HT
(02-11-2020, 04:54 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: Bury away in the league cup.. late 70s? Fog.

"We're gonna bury Bury".. Lost.

Police closed the M6 on the way back, so me and my brother had to kip in his crappy Vauxhall Chevette van.

Yes I remember that one, took afternoon off work to get up there on coach Sealandair as it was in them days seemed to take for ever to get there, that much fog couldn’t see much past 18 yard box all you heard was the roar when Bury scored up the other end
Oldham on Boxing day under Talbot on the plastic pitch. I swear the wind was blowing from underneath us.

Honourable mentions to Swindon and MK Dons
Remember playing Tranmere, may have been one of Buckleys last games, absolutely freezing, Andy Hunt missed a sitter, awful 0-0 draw. That cold that I had some of the girlfriends tights on under my jeans.
Port Vale away, think it was under Ardiles - In 90 minutes we had pretty much every weather condition possible, including snow, sleet, rain, wind & sun.

The Friday night Forest at home is definitely the coldest I can remember.
(02-12-2020, 11:11 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Remember playing Tranmere, may have been one of Buckleys last games, absolutely freezing, Andy Hunt missed a sitter, awful 0-0 draw. That cold that I had some of the girlfriends tights on under my jeans.

She must’ve been cold.  Big Grin
(02-12-2020, 11:48 AM)wba13 Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 11:11 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Remember playing Tranmere, may have been one of Buckleys last games, absolutely freezing, Andy Hunt missed a sitter, awful 0-0 draw. That cold that I had some of the girlfriends tights on under my jeans.

She must’ve been cold.  Big Grin

They were fishnets.