With this squad...
and the team spirit, the confidence, the ability and the mentality within the squad,  and the managerial back up staff, I reckon it's conceivable, that we could now go to the end of the season unbeaten. I'D LUV IT !!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin                   '
It’s almost 12 months since Big Dave and we although we did have confidence then, we are in such a difference place now.
All of this is down to two words. Slaven Bilic.
(02-23-2020, 10:49 AM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: All of this is down to two words. Slaven Bilic.

He's from Croatia.
(02-23-2020, 10:49 AM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: All of this is down to two words. Slaven Bilic.

Agree Bilic has taken it to a different level and the spirit and connection is superb, but I for one won’t forget the amazing job Darren Moore did to turn the club around. May have been found out in the dugout, but behind the scenes, he took a runaway train, stopped it and got it facing in the right direction again. We’d be nowhere near this without him and so called better managers have tried and failed miserably to do what he did.
(02-23-2020, 11:13 AM)Statto Wrote:

Agree Bilic has taken it to a different level and the spirit and connection is superb, but I for one won’t forget the amazing job Darren Moore did to turn the club around. May have been found out in the dugout, but behind the scenes, he took a runaway train, stopped it and got it facing in the right direction again. We’d be nowhere near this without him and so called better managers have tried and failed miserably to do what he did.

Big Dave's qualities as a human helped our situation no end. Healed some of the Pardew wounds. I'm sure most Baggies recognise and appreciate what he did for us.

Jesus Christ, why do we have to wheel out the "I'm so grateful to Darren Moore" line every time someone mentions another manager?

Great bloke, never an Albion legend, and was a weak manager who couldn't stand up to Jones, but yes, he certainly got the atmosphere around the club heading towards the right place after Pulis and Pardew. That's about all he did though, I wouldn't say it was an "amazing" job.

Spot on

Our recruitment in the summer also played a massive part
(02-23-2020, 11:12 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:

He's from Croatia.

Hates the Villa.
(02-23-2020, 11:32 AM)Moore Than Wrote:

Jesus Christ, why do we have to wheel out the "I'm so grateful to Darren Moore" line every time someone mentions another manager?

Great bloke, never an Albion legend, and was a weak manager who couldn't stand up to Jones, but yes, he certainly got the atmosphere around the club heading towards the right place after Pulis and Pardew. That's about all he did though, I wouldn't say it was an "amazing" job.

That’s about all he did?

Wow... we were an absolute shambles as a club, with a divided and disenfranchised fan base. My reply was to the post that said it’s all down to Bilic. It isn’t.  

I suggest you take a trip up the M6. Get off at junction 15 to have a look where we could have been.