Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albion Assembly
(09-02-2017, 05:47 AM)SussexBaggie Wrote: Replica shirts with

a) long sleeves, available earlier in the season

b) ladies cut so they want to buy a replica shirt (we had them in the T Mobile days; a more shaped shirt appropriate for ladies/girls)
Good idea (a). Being an old sod, I don't want a replica shirt as such, but they used to sell very smart navy blue rugby style shirts with an Albion emblem on them, which I would definitely buy if they were available. I know I'm not the only one, either. Since most of the matches take place in the cold, it baffles me that so many short sleeved shirts are on sale. We live in Britain, not the Bahamas!
(09-03-2017, 07:50 AM)Cunningham1979 Wrote: I think the original plan was to build over the road. The club own much of the land already. It's the reason that the school is set so far back on Halfords Lane when it was constructed. A new tier would be relatively simple to build in theory. But I guess we are as far away from the club doing it as we have ever been

I take a more optimistic view and would say we're closer to the ground being redeveloped than we have ever been. We got over 25k for bouremouth when many would be on holiday and Bournemouth didn't sell out. I believe west ham will be a sell-out because people will want to see the new players and also we will sell quite a few more season tickets on the back of the window. 

There's some kind of heavy plant-hire company next to the old Hawthorns pub - do we own that land?
(09-03-2017, 09:01 AM)John Osbourne Wrote: I' d always thought that the East Stand was specifically designed to allow for the addition of a second tier at some point. Although that would make the ground grossly lopsided and the Halfords is cramped and the concourses claustrophobic so needs replacing.

Seem to remember that it was originally designed like that but then the club cut costs on the build and it can no longer have a second tier easily.
(09-03-2017, 09:33 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 07:50 AM)Cunningham1979 Wrote: I think the original plan was to build over the road. The club own much of the land already. It's the reason that the school is set so far back on Halfords Lane when it was constructed. A new tier would be relatively simple to build in theory. But I guess we are as far away from the club doing it as we have ever been

I take a more optimistic view and would say we're closer to the ground being redeveloped than we have ever been. We got over 25k for bouremouth when many would be on holiday and Bournemouth didn't sell out. I believe west ham will be a sell-out because people will want to see the new players and also we will sell quite a few more season tickets on the back of the window. 

There's some kind of heavy plant-hire company next to the old Hawthorns pub - do we own that land?
(09-03-2017, 10:18 AM)Heath Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 09:33 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

No we don't own that land. We do own the land that the pub sits on and the land on the other side of the Hawthorns pub, the land that used to be a cash and carry. Without the land owned by Vibroplant though it's not a lot of use.
Anymore news on the Brunt Morrison testimonial? I guess scheduling will depend on whether Northern Ireland and Scotland qualify for the World Cup but it would be great for the club to get one in after the season ends and before they all go away.
I know its an old chestnut but......those empty seats, lower Brummie and East Stand corners. Embarrassing on telly. The stands are full further back but those front rows are all you see on camera.
I reckon our new super exciting counter attacking blitzkrieg style will necessitate a new top deck for The Halfords.

Just quickening up the food, drink and toilet queues in the Brummie still for me. Ask an ex player with some musical taste to pick the half time "single".
(09-03-2017, 04:17 PM)swordfish Wrote: I know its an old chestnut but......those empty seats, lower Brummie and East Stand corners. Embarrassing on telly. The stands are full further back but those front rows are all you see on camera.

Won't be a problem for the foreseeable future.
(09-03-2017, 06:35 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 04:17 PM)swordfish Wrote: I know its an old chestnut but......those empty seats, lower Brummie and East Stand corners. Embarrassing on telly. The stands are full further back but those front rows are all you see on camera.

Won't be a problem for the foreseeable future.

I hope not, but it needs a  long term solution. I was having a pint darn sarf recently and when announcing I was a Baggie I was asked  "why the empty seats"? Hard to answer in one.