Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Livermore starts for England tonight
(09-01-2017, 08:47 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: I wonder if Evans's hamstring is fine.....
He played the full 90. 

TBH when he was left out for the opener v Bournemouth I thought the worst especially as the OS stated we had a fully fit squad a few days before.
I think he is a 'proper' pro so he will just win his place back but no-one will convince me that was anything other than saving himself for a transfer.
TP intimated as much.
(09-01-2017, 07:04 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 07:00 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: Any reason Burke not featuring for Scotland? Also noticed Greg not in the Poland side.

Neither playing much recently for their sides I guess.
Albion flag prominent in Malta. Fab, an ex ponner on here, an England regular as I recall.

Is there still a Malta branch of the Albion supporters club?
(09-01-2017, 11:22 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 07:04 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 07:00 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: Any reason Burke not featuring for Scotland? Also noticed Greg not in the Poland side.

Neither playing much recently for their sides I guess.
Albion flag prominent in Malta. Fab, an ex ponner on here, an England regular as I recall.

Is there still a Malta branch of the Albion supporters club?

That rings a bell pal - always seemed to be featured in Grorty D. 

MGalea will know
Recall a chap (Conrad) who led a group of Albion fans in Malta.
(09-01-2017, 06:23 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: I am pleased for Livermore - he can only do his best - but that is as weak a side to have represented England since the mid/late 70's when we failed to qualify for 2 World Cups. Possibly weaker. In a 16 team WC as it was then, where the group stages were stronger, we would struggle to even get to Russia.

I know it was only Malta this match, but each time I've seen Livermore play for England, he's looked pretty decent. Yes, it's a poor England squad at the moment, and the opposition's not been great, but he certainly doesn't look out of place in the team, which is mainly populated by players from the 'top six' clubs.
His performances for us, therefore, have generally been quite disappointing. Let's hope he can show us what he can really do this season and give us another reason to be optimistic.
Livermore did more than Henderson last night offensively and defensively when required

Is it just me that thinks Raheem "no end product" Sterling is absolute bobbins?
(09-02-2017, 08:39 AM)74bus Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 06:23 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: I am pleased for Livermore - he can only do his best - but that is as weak a side to have represented England since the mid/late 70's when we failed to qualify for 2 World Cups. Possibly weaker. In a 16 team WC as it was then, where the group stages were stronger, we would struggle to even get to Russia.

I know it was only Malta this match, but each time I've seen Livermore play for England, he's looked pretty decent. Yes, it's a poor England squad at the moment, and the opposition's not been great, but he certainly doesn't look out of place in the team, which is mainly populated by players from the 'top six' clubs.
His performances for us, therefore, have generally been quite disappointing. Let's hope he can show us what he can really do this season and give us another reason to be optimistic.

I agree 74. It wasn't a dig at Livermore who did not look out of place at all. It was more a reflection on how we have the 'best league in the world', full of foreigners and our domestic players are made to look good in their presence but when you put them together in the England team are a very poor group.
(09-02-2017, 08:43 AM)Fbaggy Wrote: Livermore did more than Henderson last night offensively and defensively when required

Sterling is another of in a long line of massively overrated too soon England players. Where's Walcott and Wilshere these days !
(09-02-2017, 08:43 AM)Fbaggy Wrote: Livermore did more than Henderson last night offensively and defensively when required

I'd have Livermore over Henderson any day of the week. Just can't see how Henderson gets near the team, let alone be given the captaincy.
As for Sterling, after he somehow managed to be the worst of an awful bunch at the Euros, you'd have thought his international career would be finished. No such luck.
I thought sterling was terrific for Man C last couple of weeks