(09-03-2017, 08:38 AM)BoringBaggie Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 09:02 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 07:26 PM)BoringBaggie Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 07:24 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: All going wrong

Speak for yourself, this is great.

I'm with you BB
Can never have any sympathies for a Brummie team
Pears all the way

Nah, Worcestershire can get the fuck. I'm a Bears fan, won't support Birmingham though.

Black Country Pears...like many others

Cuzer

Correct. Remember watching Worcs at the old Dudley CC, when Dudley was part of that county. Albion, Black Country stuff.
Worcestershire are the team of the Black Country and The Albion. There's no debate to be had here. Anyone from the area who supports the bears just likes supporting a bigger club!
(09-04-2017, 06:54 AM)JLZoltanger Wrote: Worcestershire are the team of the Black Country and The Albion. There's no debate to be had here. Anyone from the area who supports the bears just likes supporting a bigger club!

As a kid the 2005 Ashes really caught my imagination and got me into cricket, properly. That Edgbaston test was one of the best moments of sport I've ever witnessed. I just wanted to be apart of that, I think ultimately that's why I became a Bears fan. 

Strange reason, but there you go. 

Also, as a kid, getting to Edgnaston from Halesowen is fairly easy. A no.9 to Brum then a no.1 right to ground (not that getting to New Rd is difficult).
(09-04-2017, 06:54 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Worcestershire are the team of the Black Country and The Albion. There's no debate to be had here. Anyone from the area who supports the bears just likes supporting a bigger club!

Or they were born and brought up in an area that is in Warwickshire, whether that be in and around Warwick like me, or in Smethwick and Great Barr before the West Midlands county was spawned.
(09-04-2017, 08:11 AM)BoringBaggie Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 06:54 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Worcestershire are the team of the Black Country and The Albion. There's no debate to be had here. Anyone from the area who supports the bears just likes supporting a bigger club!

Or they were born and brought up in an area that is in Warwickshire, whether that be in and around Warwick like me, or in Smethwick and Great Barr before the West Midlands county was spawned.

+1. Like many Albion fans my family are Brummies. My folks grew up not a million miles from Edgbaston. Only 5 miles or so from Albion.
(09-04-2017, 08:57 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:

+1. Like many Albion fans my family are Brummies. My folks grew up not a million miles from Edgbaston. Only 5 miles or so from Albion.

It's a bit like people from the Wirral supporting Liverpool. Nowt wrong with it.

Cricket has always bored me whether playing or watching but a very good point BB. Anyone who lives in Smethwick, West Brom, Oldbury, Great Barr, Hamstead the outskirts of Walsall etc is a lot closer to Warwickshire / Brum than Worcester. It's a rather nonsensical parochial arguments really.
This may have been discussed before, so apologies if it has, but whose crap idea was it to rename them "Birmingham Bears"?
(09-04-2017, 09:11 AM)oldun Wrote: This may have been discussed before, so apologies if it has, but whose crap idea was it to rename them "Birmingham Bears"?

They were going to be called the Warwickshire Willies so be grateful for small mercies.
(09-04-2017, 09:11 AM)oldun Wrote: This may have been discussed before, so apologies if it has, but whose crap idea was it to rename them "Birmingham Bears"?

Birmingham City Council.