Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gate v West Ham
Wont be at the West Ham game, but going to Brighton and looking at the Watford game.
Looks well on the way to a sell out to me.

Another myth dispelled IMO, shows that buying players has far more affect on attendances than 'Pulisball'
(09-08-2017, 07:36 PM)tiptontown Wrote: Wont be at the West Ham game, but going to Brighton and looking at the Watford game.

Aye. Watford the next one up for me too.
I'm also in for Watford.
(09-12-2017, 08:35 PM)Heath Wrote: Looks well on the way to a sell out to me.

Another myth dispelled IMO, shows that buying players has far more affect on attendances than 'Pulisball'

Not sure I share your optimism. I reckon we've sold about 7-800 tickets since Friday and still 2k to shift. Wouldn't be at all surprised if that performance/team selection at Brighton has killed the enthusiasm engendered by the new signings.
2061 left

1653 Brummie
327 East
69 Halfords
12 Smethwick
I'm not sure either Pulis or new signings will have that much effect on the attendance.

Pricing of tickets will have a far bigger impact.

My view is that whilst prices are still high, we are quite good at gauging what reasonable ticket prices are. For example I remember paying £28 in 2005-06 season to watch games from East Stand . Last year I paid £40 something for me and my daughter to watch Man U and a couple of seasons ago £36 for both of us to watch QPR, both times in the East Stand.

Given how expensive it had become in 2005/06 when I last regularly attended, I was pleasantly surprised by the prices today.

Given TV revenue there is no excuse for clubs not to be able to implement a pricing structure which guarantees near to full houses in the home spaces, the one exception being possibly televised matches.

I think away attendances will be the ones most affected by results/performances, where there is so much time and effort put into attending the matches.
I recall a few years ago Albion charging  £42 for the 3 highest profile games (Villa, Man U and Liverpool). With other games such as vs Wolves,  Spurs , Arsenal etc £40. It's cheaper now. Quite a bit more so if you take into account inflation.
(09-03-2017, 04:26 PM)swordfish Wrote: One difference....Bournemouth and Stoke didnt sell their tickets, W.Ham probably will. We'll prob sell a few more. 25,300 is my shout. I'll be there whatever!
BTW, in full agreement about the away support. It was the best in the Midlands for years and icant believe how it's dropped off.

At the risk of repeating myself (which I know I am!), I'm not the only one being put off by having to stand all through the matches, peering around the heads of people, many of whom are only interested in goading the home supporters. The inevitable result of this, if it carries on, will be that fewer and fewer supporters who go there to watch the football will attend, and the morons will make up an increasing percentage of our dwindling 'support'.
Standing at away games isn't exactly exclusive to our support. There aren't many sides who don't, in fact.

I'm not condoning people acting the dick head at games but couldn't you have offered to swap seats? The first away games I was taken to as a kid I'd just stand on my seat so I could see