Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Country food memories...
Boiled potatoes that always went into the water.
A 'scratching block' that was brought and broken up when needed. Leaf scratchings (renal fat) fucking lush.
Bacon that didn't piss out water when it was exposed to heat.
Faggots - proper faggots.
Gray Pays! With the obligatory dusting of white pepper.
Blackberries picked from The Railer eaten mixed with sugar with a stick.
Chops with the kidney attached.
A slice of white bread in the gravy to finish a meal - I still do it!
Jelly eaten 'raw'.
Bottled Coke from the outdoor next to Bolton Court.
Apple pie without cinnamon. 
Cheese on toast on Sunday evening.
Banana sandwiches.
Crisps sarnies.
Stewed Pigs feet and tails.
Chitterlings
A dish of sliced onion, cucumber, and tomato soaked in malt vinegar and salt, usually added to a tinned salmon sandwich.
The pop mon. Alpine it was by us. Their Pineapple fizzy pop was ace.
Beef dripping on toast
Chawl
(09-06-2017, 10:27 PM)Great Bridge Wrote: Beef dripping on toast
Chawl

The beef dripping on toast is a belter. I've got relatives in Yorkshire that still eat that nowadays and call it a "mucky fat sandwich" Wink
(09-06-2017, 10:26 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote: Stewed Pigs feet and tails.
Chitterlings
A dish of sliced onion, cucumber, and tomato soaked in malt vinegar and salt, usually added to a tinned salmon sandwich.

Alpine, Corona and Barrs - 10p back on the bottle.  Used to fugging love fizzy pop.
(09-06-2017, 10:33 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
Chitterlings

Alpine, Corona and Barrs - 10p back on the bottle.  Used to fugging love fizzy pop.

Yow gorrit! Me old man used to keep the bottles though, they were great for bottling his home brew in. Big thick bottles, solid white plastic screw top with a brown rubber washer insert inside. None of his brew went bang during the secondary fermentation in them bottles. It was a different story when he had to pierce his Watney's party 7 though. Fcuking carnage that was at times.
Grorty Pud/Grorty Dick.  every bonfire night, still make it now but nobody else eats it bar me
(09-06-2017, 10:41 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 10:33 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
Chitterlings

Yow gorrit! Me old man used to keep the bottles though, they were great for bottling his home brew in. Big thick bottles, solid white plastic screw top with a brown rubber washer insert inside. None of his brew went bang during the secondary fermentation in them bottles. It was a different story when he had to pierce his Watney's party 7 though. Fcuking carnage that was at times.

christmas memories there kidda - on the food front my nan always used to make these lardy cakes - f'ckin horrible things to be eaten with nice cup of tea made with steralised milk ugh!
(09-06-2017, 10:32 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 10:27 PM)Great Bridge Wrote: Beef dripping on toast
Chawl

The beef dripping on toast is a belter. I've got relatives in Yorkshire that still eat that nowadays and call it a "mucky fat sandwich" Wink

I love the term 'mucky fat sandwich'!!!! Sounds like the end of a great night out!