Black Country food memories...
Tripe and Onions.
Cow's udder in milk.
Brawn.
Reeds (Bull's whatsit)

Yum Yum.
(09-06-2017, 10:41 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 10:33 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 10:26 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote: Stewed Pigs feet and tails.
Chitterlings
A dish of sliced onion, cucumber, and tomato soaked in malt vinegar and salt, usually added to a tinned salmon sandwich.
The pop mon. Alpine it was by us. Their Pineapple fizzy pop was ace.

Alpine, Corona and Barrs - 10p back on the bottle.  Used to fugging love fizzy pop.

Yow gorrit! Me old man used to keep the bottles though, they were great for bottling his home brew in. Big thick bottles, solid white plastic screw top with a brown rubber washer insert inside. None of his brew went bang during the secondary fermentation in them bottles. It was a different story when he had to pierce his Watney's party 7 though. Fcuking carnage that was at times.

Arf! My auld fella tried it one summer and looked like Phil Taylor.  Those pop bottles were sturdy. 

Think Corona got bought out by britvic in the end. The flavours I recall were orange, lime lemon, cherry cream soda and dandelion/burdock. Were there any more?
(09-07-2017, 08:43 AM)Jamin03 Wrote: Grorty Pud/Grorty Dick.  every bonfire night, still make it now but nobody else eats it bar me

I do and I'm not even a yam yam
Sheep's brains with an egg mashed in.
Liver 'n onions
Tripe suppers
Sweetbreads on yer fry up
Bubble and squeak, Sunday supper.
A pigs foot chucked into the beefshin stew to thicken it up nice.
Pork belly, before every bloody chef in London started banging on about it.
Davenports beer at home - I bet those earthenware jugs are worth some money now....
My old nan did a great pork belly draft dinner with swedes n taters mashed together and loads of gravy
Any of yow lot eat tripe? My dad used to have it covered in vinegar. He also used to have dripping sandwiches, though he had to knock that on the head when his angina kicked in. 

We also used to get the Alpine man on a Saturday morning. "Two whites and a dandelion and burdock" my mum would ask for - the 'white' being lemonade.

(09-07-2017, 03:12 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
Chitterlings
A dish of sliced onion, cucumber, and tomato soaked in malt vinegar and salt, usually added to a tinned salmon sandwich.

Alpine, Corona and Barrs - 10p back on the bottle.  Used to fugging love fizzy pop.

Yow gorrit! Me old man used to keep the bottles though, they were great for bottling his home brew in. Big thick bottles, solid white plastic screw top with a brown rubber washer insert inside. None of his brew went bang during the secondary fermentation in them bottles. It was a different story when he had to pierce his Watney's party 7 though. Fcuking carnage that was at times.

Arf! My auld fella tried it one summer and looked like Phil Taylor.  Those pop bottles were sturdy. 

Think Corona got bought out by britvic in the end. The flavours I recall were orange, lime lemon, cherry cream soda and dandelion/burdock. Were there any more?

[Image: Qw34GPIBcorona-vintage.jpg]
(09-07-2017, 09:43 PM)Baggpuss Wrote:
Chitterlings

Great picture!

Anyone remember Seedhouses where you got the booze straight from the barrel?
(09-07-2017, 09:36 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Any of yow lot eat tripe? My dad used to have it covered in vinegar. He also used to have dripping sandwiches, though he had to knock that on the head when his angina kicked in. 

We also used to get the Alpine man on a Saturday morning. "Two whites and a dandelion and burdock" my mum would ask for - the 'white' being lemonade.

I think the fact that anything that was shite was called tripe says it all mate. No one I've ever known has consumed it.

(09-07-2017, 09:49 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 09:43 PM)Baggpuss Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 10:33 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: Alpine, Corona and Barrs - 10p back on the bottle.  Used to fugging love fizzy pop.

Great picture!

Anyone remember Seedhouses where you got the booze straight from the barrel?

Next door to The Great Bear pub in Princes End