German football
This is one way to make a statement 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51690403
Yeah apparently the banner called him a son of a bitch... I don't think that's that bad, compared to some things that get shouted / bannered up...especially over in Russia.
So, if I understand this correctly, Hoff has bankrolled his club to a level they wouldn't likely have got to under the fans ownership? Isnt it the same at Red Bull Leipzig? If it is that simple, I'm all for a protest. Taking the Abramoviches and the like out of football club ownership can't be a bad thing? Of course, I may have totally misunderstood what has gone on.
(03-01-2020, 05:41 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: So, if I understand this correctly, Hoff has bankrolled his club to a level they wouldn't likely have got to under the fans ownership? Isnt it the same at Red Bull Leipzig? If it is that simple, I'm all for a protest. Taking the Abramoviches and the like out of football club ownership can't be a bad thing? Of course, I may have totally misunderstood what has gone on.

Pretty much how I read it too. A rich guy has got them where they are by spending loads of money.
Football utterly destroyed by money men. I hate Man C as much as I do Villa, possibly more, so I really don’t care for the league cup this afternoon.
Whelan did the same for Wigan who were in a tin pot stadium with 2000 fans in years gone by.
Getting shot of the money men and creating a level playing field is what we all want.
I think in Germany, there is a rule that 50 % of the club must be owned by fans, and fans must have a representative on the board etc. Seems this guy used various loopholes to get around it.
Do they play with the bouncing bomb as a football?

Good tidings all
Shane.
(03-02-2020, 01:39 AM)scorey1witt Wrote: Do they play with the bouncing bomb as a football?

Good tidings all
Shane.

No;
1. It would be dangerous
2. The bouncing bomb is barrel shaped and wholly unsuited to playing football with
(03-01-2020, 07:55 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: I think in Germany, there is a rule that 50 % of the club must be owned by fans, and fans must have a representative on the board etc. Seems this guy used various loopholes to get around it.

Rich man hires experts to figure out a way to spend his money and gets away with it shock...
Society in general and a capitalist society in particular, isn't really geared up to PREVENT people from spending money. How many examples do people need?
Maybe Bayern fans are worried about their monopoly on the Bundesliga. They usually win at a canter. Quite tight this year.