Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Surprised
Why couldnt we just leave Nyom n Daws where they were and put a natural left back with 10 England caps that we'd signed from Arsenal in his natural position.
Whats all this about needin to build him up a bit...seems like they all need it
(09-09-2017, 06:28 PM)Artist Wrote: Nyom was fine at left back last season and had been one of our best performers this season before today.

If it was about set pieces Brunt would have started.

Nyom filled in adequately at left back when it was obvious that Galloway was a mistake.
Just ask yourself what is Nyom's best position. I'll give you a clue - it ain't left back, and every Albion fan I spoke to, or heard today, thought exactly the same.
Shame that the blokes in charge couldn't see this.
(09-09-2017, 06:26 PM)74bus Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 05:24 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 04:55 PM)Lurkerreborn Wrote: IMHO FWIW, I thought Nyom was useless at both ends and sides of the pitch today.

All 3 goals attributable to him.

He had a 'mare today. Madness to start him at LB when we have 2 players better in that position available.
Quite honestly one of the most ridiculous selections I've seen an Albion manager make - and I said this as soon as I saw the team.
Hopefully, Nyom, who's just about an OK right back, will never play for the club at left back ever again, which would be one small crumb of comfort to gain from that shambles today.

Not sure why you've got a downer on Nyom. Think he has been a lot more than just about ok
(09-09-2017, 05:24 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 04:55 PM)Lurkerreborn Wrote: IMHO FWIW, I thought Nyom was useless at both ends and sides of the pitch today.

All 3 goals attributable to him.

He had a 'mare today. Madness to start him at LB when we have 2 players better in that position available.

Nyoms best position is RB in the 3 prem games up till today at RB he has looked immense so we move him to LB and he has a mare , 1st why are we playing him at LB when Brunt has done well there so far and we have Gibbs an ex eng int and natural LB available 2nd why the fugg his he messing around with a back 4 that has conceeded just 1 prem goal in 3 games against a side who had not scored up until today,,,,,,,,, makes no fuggin sense what so ever no matter what way you look at it ,,,,me thinks he was just trying to appease Evans but didn't want to drop Heghazi because of his aerial threat ,,,old saying if it aint broke dont fuggin fix it .
Is there a single rational explanation why Nyom started at LB today?

Seems to me like Pulis wanted to bring Evans back into the team at any cost but couldn't or wouldn't drop any of Dawson, Hegazi or Nyom. Brunt being the only non-defender there was the easiest to drop which lead to this ridiculous reshuffle.
(09-09-2017, 09:24 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Is there a single rational explanation why Nyom started at LB today?

Seems to me like Pulis wanted to bring Evans back into the team at any cost but couldn't or wouldn't drop any of Dawson, Hegazi or Nyom. Brunt being the only non-defender there was the easiest to drop which lead to this ridiculous reshuffle.

None what so ever bud no matter which way you cut it and i agree wanted to make room for evans should have left alone as per my previous postv
(09-09-2017, 09:24 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Is there a single rational explanation why Nyom started at LB today?

+1  100%
(09-09-2017, 09:01 PM)74bus Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 06:28 PM)Artist Wrote: Nyom was fine at left back last season and had been one of our best performers this season before today.

If it was about set pieces Brunt would have started.

Nyom filled in adequately at left back when it was obvious that Galloway was a mistake.
Just ask yourself what is Nyom's best position. I'll give you a clue - it ain't left back, and every Albion fan I spoke to, or heard today, thought exactly the same.
Shame that the blokes in charge couldn't see this.

Nylon was particularly poor in the last dozen or so games last season remember.
Looked excellent last week at right back.