Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proths latest hero
(09-18-2017, 09:48 PM)Heath Wrote: I wasnt comparing economies.
Precisely, so your point isn't valid. You can't compare the 'trajectory of the poor' using one period of huge economic expansion / public sector largesse and one period of debt-laden stagnation / slower growth in public spending.
Your quote was 'the poor always suffer more under Labour'.

They clearly don't.

If your point was 'whilst the poor suffer more under Tory tule in the short term but would be better off if my utopian fantasy of a total free-market economy was given room to breathe', whilst you would still be wrong, you would at least not be confusing two different delusions.

Youve already pretty much contradicted yourself by switching to accrediting the 'goldilocks' economy for the reason less well off people may have had a better period under Labour. Youll have to go on to explain why after 7 years of Tory&Anyonewhowillhelpus rule, our wage growth is so far behind other major economies that started from more or less the same point in 2008.
Proths utopian fantasy is more dystopian. And of course, it will never come to pass because, even on the right, there aren't enough believer in such fairy tales.
Must be a pisser knowing that you will never win; yet feel the need to tell the world that you keep winning.
(Yesterday, 08:03 AM)Heath Wrote: Youll have to go on to explain why after 7 years of Tory&Anyonewhowillhelpus rule, our wage growth is so far behind other major economies that started from more or less the same point in 2008.

Mass cheap labour fuelled by immigration from the eastern Europe and the lack of investment by zombie companies in technology and training. Next?
(Yesterday, 09:46 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(Yesterday, 08:03 AM)Heath Wrote: Youll have to go on to explain why after 7 years of Tory&Anyonewhowillhelpus rule, our wage growth is so far behind other major economies that started from more or less the same point in 2008.

Mass cheap labour fuelled by immigration from the eastern Europe and the lack of investment by zombie companies in technology and training. Next?

Next is to point out that you encourage people to vote for a party that has overseen this idiocy.
(Yesterday, 05:23 PM)Heath Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:46 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

Next is to point out that you encourage people to vote for a party that has overseen this idiocy.

I believe it was Labour under Blair that gave unrestricted rights to the 2004 accession countries. One of only 3 EU countries
Yep...13 years ago...
(Yesterday, 09:50 PM)Heath Wrote: Yep...13 years ago...

I think the point I was making was you can't have a go at someone who you think supports a party that encourages it whilst supporting a party that also encouraged it (that's if you do of course), and I believe still does, though I'm a bit unsure if any of the buggers actually have a plan they can stick to for more that a month. The cork was let out of the bottle by Labour, the effect encouraged by both sides.
Agreed, largely.
(Yesterday, 05:23 PM)Heath Wrote: Next is to point out that you encourage people to vote for a party that has overseen this idiocy.

Have you been away?

I've only ever encouraged anyone to vote for the least worst alternative. I know it upsets some of you that I won't parrot a Tory manifesto.