Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only fools & horses fan`s
Porridge was far better as was Blackadder bar the awful first series. OFAH was very good on occasion but it was a victim of its own success with regards going on too long.
(09-12-2017, 03:22 PM)dublinalbion Wrote: It was superb at it's peak around the mid eighties but outstayed its welcome eventually. Loved old Lennard Pearce as Grandad. He was hilarious.

It went rapidly downhill when Raquel and Cassandra joined.
(09-12-2017, 03:34 PM)King Astle Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 03:30 PM)CrossBar Wrote: In many ways Porridge edged it for me as much as I loved Fools, possibly due to a shorter series run.
Lets not mention that Going Straight spin off !

Porridge is far better IMO, like you i liked F&H but i love Ronnie Barker in porridge. Got to admit to enjoying open all hours as well, the interplay between Barker and jason in that is brilliant.

Fawlty Towers better than both IMHO!
Ripping Yarns excellent too.
(09-12-2017, 06:13 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 03:22 PM)dublinalbion Wrote: It was superb at it's peak around the mid eighties but outstayed its welcome eventually. Loved old Lennard Pearce as Grandad. He was hilarious.

It went rapidly downhill when Raquel and Cassandra joined.

It did indeed, Series 2, 3 and 4 were superb
Absolutely loved OFAH at its peak, but it's aged quite badly. Still, I'd rather dwell on the positives and there were a hell of a lot of laugh out loud moments at the time. 

Trigger was a brilliant character, used and played to perfection. The story of his roadsweeper's broom that he'd never had to replace still makes me chuckle.

(09-12-2017, 06:20 PM)The Baggpuss Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 03:30 PM)CrossBar Wrote: In many ways Porridge edged it for me as much as I loved Fools, possibly due to a shorter series run.

Porridge is far better IMO, like you i liked F&H but i love Ronnie Barker in porridge. Got to admit to enjoying open all hours as well, the interplay between Barker and jason in that is brilliant.

FT will never be bettered
It ain't half hot mum was brilliant
In fact I think there at least 10 comedies better than OFAH
Which is a testament to British comedy
(09-12-2017, 07:53 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 06:20 PM)The Baggpuss Wrote:

I'm not having that It Aint Arf Hot Mom is never a top ten British Comedy. Hi De Hi was better.
My top ten British, in no particular order:

The Thick of It
I'm Alan Partridge
Father Ted (it counts)
Phoenix Nights
Peep Show
The Office
Spaced
Blackadder
Bottom
League of Gentlemen
(09-12-2017, 08:28 PM)Duffmon Wrote: My top ten British, in no particular order:

The Thick of It
I'm Alan Partridge
OFAH
Phoenix Nights
Peep Show
The Office
Early Doors
Blackadder II - IV
Extras
League of Gentlemen

Good shouts. Slight edit pal.
(09-12-2017, 08:28 PM)Duffmon Wrote: My top ten British, in no particular order:

The Thick of It
I'm Alan Partridge
Father Ted (it counts)
Phoenix Nights
Peep Show
The Office
Spaced
Blackadder
Bottom
League of Gentlemen

Worth of note, for me, is Derek (not the individual on here, he's about as amusing as a family death) by Ricky Gervais. Funny and emotional at the same time, very clever.

I'd also add The Inbetweeners for genuine laugh-out-loud moments the the stray hillock on the catwalk moment.

(09-12-2017, 08:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 07:53 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 06:20 PM)The Baggpuss Wrote:

I'm not having that It Aint Arf Hot Mom is never a top ten British Comedy. Hi De Hi was better.

Ho dee ho!