Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leko starts v Wolves
(09-15-2017, 05:09 AM)Tetley74 Wrote: Why do almost every thread on here have decend into petty sniping and/or verbal assaults between the usual suspects?,,,,,,FFS GROW UP its beging to spoil what is otherwise a decent forum!!

Tetley we all follow a game where 22 blokes paid obscene amounts of money chase a bag of wind into net. We sing childish songs about how brilliant we are and how awful / rubbish the opposition are. We do this and more with straight faces and argue how important it all is. My point is the game is childish, so are the discussions. Petty sniping is a far more grown up way of talking about a game that school far from a grown up pursuit.

(09-15-2017, 09:41 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 11:01 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Beckham went on loan.

Loan system is brilliantly for getting players used to playing week in, week out, which is how they develop.

Bristol City could be the making of Leko, he was underused last season, for whatever reason, a season of first team football, where he'll be quickly marked out and bullied will make or break him, hopefully, it makes him and we have him back a far better player.

I'm not suggesting there are not occasions when players go out on loan and come back and do well for their club. Indeed I mentioned Harry Kane and I think Spurs have also done it with Danny Rose. But generally and increasingly I think loaning players is used as a way of avoiding a difficult decision, a bit out of sight out of mind.

Chelsea are the worst example of this, loaning their young players out season after season, until they eventually sell them. It's almost come to the situation with some of their youngsters that they are too frightened to give them a chance and too frightened to sell them and they kick a difficult decision down the road.

Nah it's just the way they they increase revenue. Expensive loan deals, selling players to Prem and Championship clubs etc. It has very little to do with been scared to play kids.
(09-14-2017, 08:11 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Kane struggled to get a game at Norwich as far as I can recall

He broke his metatarsal early doors and then soon after he recovered Spurs called him back for cover.

Loads of top players went out on loan as youngsters to get experience - here's a few:

David Beckham
Joe Hart
Gary Cahill
John Terry
Frank Lampard
Jermaine Defoe
Rio Ferdinand
Ashley Cole

And that's what it's all about isn't it? Getting experience. No different from any other job. You can get all the training and guidance you want but, ultimately, you can't beat actually doing what you have been trained to do. I think it's great we've sent out so many loanees this summer.

(09-15-2017, 09:41 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Chelsea are the worst example of this, loaning their young players out season after season, until they eventually sell them. It's almost come to the situation with some of their youngsters that they are too frightened to give them a chance and too frightened to sell them and they kick a difficult decision down the road.

It's about time the FA clamped down on what they are doing. 24 players sent out on loan this summer!!