Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seal Watch
(09-13-2017, 12:31 PM)Votebaggie Wrote: Main thing is for them to stay down this year, after that they are in serious financial shite as the relegated clubs are coming down with a massive parachute payments, thiers will have run out after 2 years, and they have some big wage bills on the books for a few years yet.  I don't care if they lose in the playoff final at Wembley so long as they stay down this year.

I think that scenario would actually be the best of the lot. Let them have hope as long as possible so we can watch them all crying at Wembley!  Big Grin
You cant polish turds and they are shite of the highest order. Staying down for two more seasons after this one, and facing imminent bankruptcy seems the dream scenario for me.
(09-13-2017, 01:38 PM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: You cant polish turds and they are shite of the highest order. Staying down for two more seasons after this one, and facing imminent bankruptcy seems the dream scenario for me.

Don't please. The prospect of that a dream scenario.
(09-13-2017, 12:31 PM)Votebaggie Wrote: Main thing is for them to stay down this year, after that they are in serious financial shite as the relegated clubs are coming down with a massive parachute payments, thiers will have run out after 2 years, and they have some big wage bills on the books for a few years yet.  I don't care if they lose in the playoff final at Wembley so long as they stay down this year.

Parachute payments are spread over 4 years now, aren't they?
The rules keep on changing, villa get 3 years so one more season after this.

Seems that they have already hit the spending limit, whether that is FFP or the chinese have run out of cash.

I just googled it as its great material for winding up seals. 

In season one, 2016-17, Villa would get £40 million
In season two, 2017-18, Villa would get £33 million
In season three, 2018-19, Villa would get £14 million.

Only £14m next season, pissing in the wind compared to the clubs joining them at the end of this season.
the lords my shepherd i'll not want 
he takes me down to lye
in pastures green
he leadeth me 
the quiet waters by
As of last year, Villa would have been entitled to:

2016-17, £40 million

2017-18, £33 million

2018-19, £14 million.

That's if the rules haven't since been changed.
(09-12-2017, 09:44 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: Sadly Kodija getting back to fitness means they'll have a source of goals now. Pity.

If they are banking on that injury prone donkey, they really will be in trouble?
(09-13-2017, 01:17 PM)Peachy Wrote:

I think that scenario would actually be the best of the lot. Let them have hope as long as possible so we can watch them all crying at Wembley!  Big Grin

I don't think they will be at Wembley this season!  Maybe next in the League ONE play-off final.
They booed O'Leary
They booed McLeish
They booed Lambert
They booed Sherwood
They booed Garde
They booed Di Matteo
Now they're booing Bruce.

They're not fickle mind.
(09-13-2017, 07:37 PM)Baggie66 Wrote: They booed O'Leary
They booed McLeish
They booed Lambert
They booed Sherwood
They booed Garde
They booed Di Matteo
Now they're booing Bruce.

They're not fickle mind.

Over the last few years they've completely overhauled their playing staff, been through four or five managers and changed ownership, yet the results have remained crap.

The only constant in all this is the shower of fools in the stands.