Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how long have you kept your current hairstyle?
Had a wild and unruly mop of sandy/ginger hair as a kid. The appearance of which was not enhanced by my sister’s attempts at tidying it up once every six to eight weeks with the kitchen scissors. How the fuck she had the cheek to charge people for her services as a hair ‘stylist’ I’ll never know. She was absolutely shit.

Started going to the ‘Cut Above’ in Bearwood following an argument with said sister. Why? Because I’d finally had enough of looking like an 11th century peasant. That and she tried to stab my eyes out with the kitchen scissors when I pointed out how crap she was at cutting hair. I went to the ‘Cut Above’ for about three years and started with a short centre part in which soon became parted from the left, used to get it done every three to four weeks or so.

I arrived for a cut one day to find my usual ‘stylist’ away on holiday. Some Chinese lass volunteered her services. Well I think she did anyway, could barely speak English. Might have wandered in from the take away a couple of doors up for all I knew. When she finished I looked like something from Chairman Mao’s Cultural Revolution. All that was missing were the black rimmed glasses. Bitch  Big Grin  . Never went back again.

As luck would have it I started dating a junior hair stylist some weeks later who volunteered to cut my hair for free. I think she must have had a thing for Rick Astley such was the likeness of my new ‘style’ to the ginger god of blandness. I didn’t really care though to be honest as I was getting loads of sex.

Joined the forces and ended up with a number one on the back and sides with a three or four on top and a bit of a fringe. On leaving a few years later I let it grow for a few weeks. Soon got fed up and reverted to SB and sides. Some years on I had a grade one all over with a closely cropped beard, later progressing to a zero all over which my Mrs hated as she said it made me look like a thug. I do have a rather tasty scar on my head though.

For the last few years I’ve sported a short beard, a zero on the back and sides and it’s probably a bit longer than a five on top with a bit of a fringe. Have it cut every Friday, one of the benefits of marrying the fore mentioned junior stylist who now rents her own chair in a salon. Unfortunately the sex has pretty much dried up and the hair is becoming thinner by the day. I’m currently flirting with the idea of keeping the beard and reverting to either a number one or a half all over.
(09-14-2017, 02:21 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Had a wild and unruly mop of sandy/ginger hair as a kid. The appearance of which was not enhanced by my sister’s attempts at tidying it up once every six to eight weeks with the kitchen scissors. How the fuck she had the cheek to charge people for her services as a hair ‘stylist’ I’ll never know. She was absolutely shit.

Started going to the ‘Cut Above’ in Bearwood following an argument with said sister. Why? Because I’d finally had enough of looking like an 11th century peasant. That and she tried to stab my eyes out with the kitchen scissors when I pointed out how crap she was at cutting hair. I went to the ‘Cut Above’ for about three years and started with a short centre part in which soon became parted from the left, used to get it done every three to four weeks or so.

I arrived for a cut one day to find my usual ‘stylist’ away on holiday. Some Chinese lass volunteered her services. Well I think she did anyway, could barely speak English. Might have wandered in from the take away a couple of doors up for all I knew. When she finished I looked like something from Chairman Mao’s Cultural Revolution. All that was missing were the black rimmed glasses. Bitch  Big Grin  . Never went back again.

As luck would have it I started dating a junior hair stylist some weeks later who volunteered to cut my hair for free. I think she must have had a thing for Rick Astley such was the likeness of my new ‘style’ to the ginger god of blandness. I didn’t really care though to be honest as I was getting loads of sex.

Joined the forces and ended up with a number one on the back and sides with a three or four on top and a bit of a fringe. On leaving a few years later I let it grow for a few weeks. Soon got fed up and reverted to SB and sides. Some years on I had a grade one all over with a closely cropped beard, later progressing to a zero all over which my Mrs hated as she said it made me look like a thug. I do have a rather tasty scar on my head though.

For the last few years I’ve sported a short beard, a zero on the back and sides and it’s probably a bit longer than a five on top with a bit of a fringe. Have it cut every Friday, one of the benefits of marrying the fore mentioned junior stylist who now rents her own chair in a salon. Unfortunately the sex has pretty much dried up and the hair is becoming thinner by the day. I’m currently flirting with the idea of keeping the beard and reverting to either a number one or a half all over.
Oh my god, I too had the Chinese girl wreck my hair at The Cut Above. I can tell you when too, summer 1986. I came out looking like I'd had an electric shock. Never went back. I was off to Malta next day so used wallpaper scissors to remedy my hair. Wasn't right for 3 months.
I've had nearly every colour hair possible, spikes, long, shaved, mohawk. Now I have a more sensible job it's more of a side parting from my local Turkish barbers. I once had a £100 hair cut (paid by someone else, obviously) and it looked horrendous. I used to pay a guy at uni who was a trainee hairdresser a fiver but he would give you what he thought would look good.
In the form of his life.
(09-14-2017, 09:02 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote:  I was off to Malta next day so used wallpaper scissors to remedy my hair.

Sounds like a cut and paste job to me.
If it's good enough for Shane Warne, it's good enough for me.

Cuzer
(09-14-2017, 09:09 PM)Ah Bhuna Matata Wrote: I've had nearly every colour hair possible, spikes, long, shaved, mohawk. Now I have a more sensible job it's more of a side parting from my local Turkish barbers. I once had a £100 hair cut (paid by someone else, obviously) and it looked horrendous. I used to pay a guy at uni who was a trainee hairdresser a fiver but he would give you what he thought would look good.

Yeah I went through that stage too.

Fuck knows what I was thinking.
(09-14-2017, 10:29 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 09:09 PM)Ah Bhuna Matata Wrote: I've had nearly every colour hair possible, spikes, long, shaved, mohawk. Now I have a more sensible job it's more of a side parting from my local Turkish barbers. I once had a £100 hair cut (paid by someone else, obviously) and it looked horrendous. I used to pay a guy at uni who was a trainee hairdresser a fiver but he would give you what he thought would look good.

Yeah I went through that stage too.

Fuck knows what I was thinking.

In fairness, I still had Mohawk last year for a bit... One day I'll learn!
In the form of his life.