Games postponed
(03-13-2020, 12:24 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:07 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:16 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I suspect they will make the season void.

Not a chance. Will be completed. Even if it means extending into the summer with games behind closed doors. Far too much of the season fulfilled for it to be made void.

Yep. I actually think Liverpool hold the key to all this. There is no way they are going to let the season be voided after 30 years of trying to win the Prem. They will be pushing like mad for a resumption to the league.

This is the silver lining to them running away with the league this year. There is no way their massed worshippers in the media would allow them to not win the title.
(03-13-2020, 12:30 PM)Squid Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:24 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:07 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:16 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I suspect they will make the season void.

Not a chance. Will be completed. Even if it means extending into the summer with games behind closed doors. Far too much of the season fulfilled for it to be made void.

Yep. I actually think Liverpool hold the key to all this. There is no way they are going to let the season be voided after 30 years of trying to win the Prem. They will be pushing like mad for a resumption to the league.

This is the silver lining to them running away with the league this year. There is no way their massed worshippers in the media would allow them to not win the title.

Unless of course they go- Liverpool are uncatchable, they win the title, everything else is undecided so that gets cancelled. Which sorts all the fat rich clubs out and leaves the Scousers happy too.
They’ll have to finish it, for me if the situation is no better/contained in 3 weeks they will have to play behind closed doors and complete the season

As others have said way too many ramifications should they try and shelve the season, just won’t be allowed to happen

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
It would avoid a lot of potential legal action if they make sure this season is completed one way or another - even if that meant that this season goes past the summer and well into the months that would have been used for next season.
They can always piss about with a restructuring of next season (e.g playing twice a week, or stretching into June 2021) where at least everyone will know what that revised structure is and it’s a level playing field for everyone from the start.
What if they finish this season in August / September and cancel next season instead? Starting up, hopefully, the following August!?

Mind you I think we'd be down to about 20 clubs left after that, which is what the Premiershit has wanted forever anyway.
(03-13-2020, 12:51 PM)Juan Quidonqui Wrote: It would avoid a lot of potential legal action if they make sure this season is completed one way or another - even if that meant that this season goes past the summer and well into the months that would have been used for next season.
They can always piss about with a restructuring of next season (e.g playing twice a week, or stretching into June 2021) where at least everyone will know what that revised structure is and it’s a level playing field for everyone from the start.

They're going to have to do this in my opinion. Notwithstanding our promising position, I'd be happy to void the season if less than half of it had been played but there are just 9 games to go in a 46 game season and it'd be bonkers for that not to count at all.

The ramifications go far and wide - in addition to legal cases, what about people who have bets on the outcomes of leagues? Someone is bound to have backed Liverpool with serious money or Leeds or us (a fiver for me!). Bookies would have to void the bets and refund the stakes...or would they?

Basically, whatever happens causes MASSIVE problems one way or another UNLESS the season is completed, ergo, completed it must be even if it has big knock-on effects further down the line.
(03-13-2020, 11:23 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Id imagine with the Euros cancelled they'll complete the season in the summer.

I think this is the most likely scenario
As things stand if the season is extended loan players will have to return to their parent clubs prior to the season's end.

I think all such deals only last until the end of May.
(03-13-2020, 01:26 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: As things stand if the season is extended loan players will have to return to their parent clubs prior to the season's end.

I think all such deals only last until the end of May.

Given that everyone is in the same boat, it would be simple to agree to some kind of extension.
Just play games through May culminating in the playoffs weekend.