“Morally wrong”
I wonder which clubs are arguing this...

https://www.football365.com/news/premier...pool-title
I'm resigned to the fact we've got another season of Championship football, we'll fail to go up due to the chaos having been unable to sign Pereira, losing Diagdana, losing Krov and all our players a year older.
(03-27-2020, 11:18 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I'm resigned to the fact we've got another season of Championship football, we'll fail to go up due to the chaos having been unable to sign Pereira, losing Diagdana, losing Krov and all our players a year older.

We'll definitely sign Pereira at very least.  He might not play for us but we'll sign him and make some dosh on him no matter what.
This is a total non story. A senior figure, who is not named!
I don't think there is a growing appetite at all except for those who have most to lose. White noise at a time when the world isn't listening.
(03-27-2020, 11:18 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I'm resigned to the fact we've got another season of Championship football, we'll fail to go up due to the chaos having been unable to sign Pereira, losing Diagdana, losing Krov and all our players a year older.

Put down the razor blades.
Cancelling the season will see the FA wrapped up in so much litigation it'll be years before a ball is kicked again.

The only way we'll be playing in the Championship again next season will be if we complete the season and fall away, or if we're heavily compensated to the tune of a Premier League windfall.

I think we really are left with only two options; we either complete the season with a large delay, or we finish the season now and use an average points per game ratio to decide games in hand. Promotion should be honoured, but relegation removed and a 22 team PL next season with PL clubs being allowed to opt in/out out of the league cup.
“You look at the people sitting around the Premier League table by Skype; their egos cannot sustain a mirror being held up to them,”  “The fact is they are not as important as a Tesco delivery driver at this time. We run a game. No more, no less..."

Well, that's right.  It's a game when all's said and done. All this "integrity of the competition" is bullshit.
It’s hilarious that morals are being brought into this. As if acting to saving your own skin to the detriment of 72 other clubs is in some way “moral”.
(03-27-2020, 01:07 PM)Duffers Wrote: It’s hilarious that morals are being brought into this. As if acting to saving your own skin to the detriment of 72 other clubs is in some way “moral”.

I think it reads like a quote from somebody without a dog in the fight.   It seems spot on about egotism and the self-regarding, elevated nature of football barons.
Anyone claiming to have any idea how this will all play out is basically talking bollocks