Italy
(03-30-2020, 02:48 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 02:18 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Can I ask where did the coronavirus originate from?

China. We don't call every other disease a name based on where it comes from. What's the motivation for doing so now?

(Except for Spanish Flu, which bizarrely most likely came from the US. Thinking about it, there's also the 'English disease' which is either syphilis or gout depending on which nationality the small minded ignorant twat comes from.)

The problem with you is that you try to insinuate things without having the bollocks to come out and call me a racist .
(03-30-2020, 04:51 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The problem with you is that you try to insinuate things without having the bollocks to come out and call me a racist .

Does it take 'bollocks' to come out and call someone a racist on an anonymous forum? Probably about as much as it takes to botch up calling someone a cunt I'd imagine.

I haven't said it because I don't know that you are. Simple as that, really. Nothing to do with my bollocks, which are perfectly fine.

What I do know is that you continually come out with comments that could be interpreted as  having an agenda. But that doesn't make the interpretations correct, so that alone doesn't make you a racist. I know you had a avatar that came from an organisation that was accused by legitimate resources as being racist. But again, that alone doesn't make you a racist. I know you were fond of the 'lads alliance' which has also been accused of far right, extremist activity by legitimate sources. But yet again, that alone doesn't make you racist. 

All I asked was why did you want to call the virus after where it's from? I gave a few examples of other people naming 'diseases' after us and what I thought of it, but I guess that's just me being a 'cunt'.
(03-30-2020, 05:41 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 04:51 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The problem with you is that you try to insinuate things without having the bollocks to come out and call me a racist .

Does it take 'bollocks' to come out and call someone a racist on an anonymous forum? Probably about as much as it takes to botch up calling someone a cunt I'd imagine.

I haven't said it because I don't know that you are. Simple as that, really. Nothing to do with my bollocks, which are perfectly fine.

What I do know is that you continually come out with comments that could be interpreted as  having an agenda. But that doesn't make the interpretations correct, so that alone doesn't make you a racist. I know you had a avatar that came from an organisation that was accused by legitimate resources as being racist. But again, that alone doesn't make you a racist. I know you were fond of the 'lads alliance' which has also been accused of far right, extremist activity by legitimate sources. But yet again,  that alone doesn't make you racist. 

All I asked was why did you want to call the virus after where it's from? I gave a few examples of other people naming 'diseases' after us and what I thought of it, but I guess that's just me being a 'cunt'.

i will give you a yes or no test  

did it come from china yes or no 

if it hadnt come from that market would we have the virus yes or no
(03-30-2020, 02:01 PM)DAVE Wrote: Colour me surprised that The Ist decided to post something like that.

Show me where I agreed with anything on the post.
(03-30-2020, 06:15 PM)The liquidator Wrote: i will give you a yes or no test  

did it come from china yes or no 

if it hadnt come from that market would we have the virus yes or no

yes.
yes.
(03-30-2020, 03:38 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 03:13 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: "It was first coined by the UK press and Conservative MPs during the three-day week; then used more widely during the Winter of Discontent ..."

I've only heard it from a German, but I'm sure you're right. A love of self-flagellation is another of our 'traits'. Thinking about it, I remember a french girl saying exactly that, but not in this context!

I'm not sure the demonisation of the trade union movement in the early 1970s was a form of "self-flagellation", more the Tories and their friends in the right-wing press warming up for the subsequent all out war on the working-classes under Thatcher.

The same working classes that were given the first ever opportunity to become property owners by Thatcher, the same working classes offered true social mobility?

Or the work shy fuckers who ‘don’t want that kind of work’ - the kind of work thankfully taken up by the Eastern European arrivals who contribute a damn site more to society and the economy than an awful lot of traditional British ‘working’ class.
(03-30-2020, 06:55 PM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 03:13 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: "It was first coined by the UK press and Conservative MPs during the three-day week; then used more widely during the Winter of Discontent ..."

I've only heard it from a German, but I'm sure you're right. A love of self-flagellation is another of our 'traits'. Thinking about it, I remember a french girl saying exactly that, but not in this context!

I'm not sure the demonisation of the trade union movement in the early 1970s was a form of "self-flagellation", more the Tories and their friends in the right-wing press warming up for the subsequent all out war on the working-classes under Thatcher.

The same working classes that were given the first ever opportunity to become property owners by Thatcher, the same working classes offered true social mobility?

Or the work shy fuckers who ‘don’t want that kind of work’ - the kind of work thankfully taken up by the Eastern European arrivals who contribute a damn site more to society and the economy than an awful lot of traditional British ‘working’ class.

You both might or might not be right. I wasn't specifically referring to the rights or wrongs of the event. I was referring to the labelling of the disease - that we as a country are far more likely to label our faults as a national failing. Sort of an inverse patriotism. For instance, the French wouldn't call it a 'French disease'. If an American newspaper called it an American disease, they'd be lynched.
(03-30-2020, 06:55 PM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:

Social mobility? The (Tory) Government's own Social Mobility Commission concluded in 2017 that the children of Thatcher (my generation) were the very first to begin their careers earning less than their parents' generation did.  As for social and economic inequality, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies (an organisation that has close ties to the Tory Party) in May 1979 13.4 per cent of the population lived below 60 per cent of median incomes; by the time she was ousted by her own cabinet in 1992, this figure had climbed to 22.2 per cent.