Jammy and unjust Albion wins
1-0 at St Andrews in the 1980s. A freezing day with snow on the ground and a pitch of solid ice. We were both in relegation trouble if I remember correctly . Blues missed half a dozen open goals. A few minutes from the end of the game, at the Tilton Road end, we had a corner. Martyn Bennett with his back to the goal took a swing at the ball, sliced it like a golf shot, the ball looped over his head and into the net. A total fluke and a totally undeserved victory. Bloody hell it was cold that day.
(03-31-2020, 09:38 AM)DAVE Wrote: Koumas and Lloyd Dyer. Sunlun away. 93rd minute. McAteer afterwards

Without doubt the most defensive Albion performance ive ever seen.
Sunderland away, 1-0 under Megson. Koumas in the 92nd minute or something, our only attempt on goal I think. Although our defence was brilliant, think we had 20% possesion or something. It was great for me as my boss at the time, a horrid, two faced twat, was a massive Sunderland fan, and couldn`t look me in the face for days, walked past muttering about `being robbed` `we were mugged` etc.
(03-31-2020, 09:41 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:38 AM)DAVE Wrote: Koumas and Lloyd Dyer. Sunlun away. 93rd minute. McAteer afterwards

Without doubt the most defensive Albion performance ive ever seen.

That game was hailed as a masterpiece of defensive football by connoisseurs of Italian football.  It really was the perfect away performance.
(03-31-2020, 09:41 AM)Offside Wrote: 1-0 at St Andrews in the 1980s.   A freezing day with snow on the ground and a pitch of solid ice.  We were both in relegation trouble if I remember correctly .  Blues missed half a dozen open goals.  A few minutes from the end of the game, at the Tilton Road end,  we had a corner.  Martyn Bennett with his back to the goal took a swing at the ball,  sliced it like a golf shot, the ball looped over his head and into the net.   A total fluke and a totally undeserved victory.   Bloody hell it was cold that day.

That the season we only won 4 games?
(03-31-2020, 09:45 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:41 AM)Offside Wrote: 1-0 at St Andrews in the 1980s.   A freezing day with snow on the ground and a pitch of solid ice.  We were both in relegation trouble if I remember correctly .  Blues missed half a dozen open goals.  A few minutes from the end of the game, at the Tilton Road end,  we had a corner.  Martyn Bennett with his back to the goal took a swing at the ball,  sliced it like a golf shot, the ball looped over his head and into the net.   A total fluke and a totally undeserved victory.   Bloody hell it was cold that day.

That the season we only won 4 games?

I can't remember. But we were dire at that time.
Not a win but the 1-1 vs city under Robson, Gaardsoe sent off after 17mins, Dunne og with a few mins left. Don’t think we had a shot on target

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football...107833.stm
We beat United a few years ago, I think it was a Brunt free kick to win 1-0 and we got absolutely battered from start to finish
(03-31-2020, 09:19 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Not a win, but drawing 1-1 away at City without having a shot.

Dunne OG with Earnie chasing the ball before falling in the net Big Grin

(03-31-2020, 09:58 AM)Loanee Wrote: Not a win but the 1-1 vs city under Robson, Gaardsoe sent off after 17mins, Dunne og  with a few mins left.  Don’t think we had a shot on target

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football...107833.stm
(03-31-2020, 09:27 AM)Duffers Wrote: Not a win but the 1-1 at St Andrews last season - we were absolutely fuggin awful and conspired to present Blues half a dozen golden chances due to pissing about at the back.

How we didn’t lose that day I couldn’t tell you.

Didn't they miss a penalty?  would have put them 2-0 ahead