PFA
Any views on this??

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...s-pandemic
Fuck I agree with Harry Redknappon something.
PFA just doing their trade union job I guess.

The situation lower league players might find themselves in might not be great.
Do players' contracts get paid on an annualised basis and paid monthly (like most of us) or are they paid per game between August and July and any games after July get 'overtime'? Assuming the season is restarted then the payment over a year and the labour over a year will be the same. So therefore it's just a cashflow issue?
One thing for sure, what an absolute waste of space that fucking Gordon Taylor is, with his boring, monotone, droning voice.   Angry
(04-02-2020, 11:47 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: One thing for sure, what an absolute waste of space that fucking Gordon Taylor is, with his boring, monotone, droning voice.   Angry

Engineered his own position superbly. 

Not the most universally popular but doubt he gives two hoots.

Bailed out the Three Degrees Statue, mind.
(04-02-2020, 11:31 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Any views on this??

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...s-pandemic

Would football clubs be able to get rid of the shite on their books through redundancies?

It's just a different world, isn't it? I know you see some headlines with Gundogan aiding his hometown hospital etc. but most of these cnuts could drop a couple of mil in the pot and not miss it one iota.
(04-02-2020, 11:50 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:47 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: One thing for sure, what an absolute waste of space that fucking Gordon Taylor is, with his boring, monotone, droning voice.   Angry

Engineered his own position superbly. 

Not the most universally popular but doubt he gives two hoots.

Bailed out the Three Degrees Statue, mind.

The most well paid trade union boss in the country, if not the world

Maybe he can sell the Lowry in his offcie to help out!
Early days atm, we should open a book on which clubs will go bankrupt never mind which players are going to be paid.
(04-02-2020, 12:10 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Early days atm, we should open a book on which clubs will go bankrupt never mind which players are going to be paid.

Hard to imagine what will happen long term about insolvency. On a micro level I see the govt are proposing 3 month breaks from loan repayments - similar to mortgages. Housing is sure to leave millions of people in negative equity. Managing what parts of the economy are bailed and what parts are allowed to collapse is going to be a very messy business. Football will have its own fair share of this.