Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHris Kirkland
(10-13-2017, 11:03 AM)Duffmon Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:
Donegal Wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/201...-interview

Thought he was with us longer than 10 games

Story of the lad's career... think he stared to find his form with us only to get injured and by the time he was fit Kuszczak's form made it impossible to drop him.

Houlty, Kirkland and Kuszczak... really we're spoilt for goalies that year!

And we still got relegated Sad
As I recall Hoult was struggling with his back at that time too.

I think it was those ahead of the keepers that were the problem.

And manager. Had got us playing some really good stuff post Xmas the season before. Even the first half of 05/06 was ok - e.g. 4-0 win vs Everton. 2-0 wins against Spurs & Man City. Don't think he was helped in the Jan transfer window (Earnie & Horse sold & not replaced). But he seemed to lose the plot post Xmas.
(10-13-2017, 11:11 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:

Story of the lad's career... think he stared to find his form with us only to get injured and by the time he was fit Kuszczak's form made it impossible to drop him.

And manager. Had got us playing some really good stuff post Xmas the season before. Even the first half of 05/06 was ok - e.g. 4-0 win vs Everton. 2-0 wins against Spurs & Man City. Don't think he was helped in the Jan transfer window (Earnie & Horse sold & not replaced). But he seemed to lose the plot post Xmas.

His absolute refusal to drop Campbell despite it being plain for all to see he was a spent force didn't help, along with freezing out Kanu who went on to fire Pompey to safety the following year!

Seem to remember Barny having a bust up with Koumas on the verge of the season starting and shipping him off to Cardiff leaving us lacking any creativity at all.

(10-13-2017, 11:11 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:

His absolute refusal to drop Campbell despite it being plain for all to see he was a spent force didn't help, along with freezing out Kanu who went on to fire Pompey to safety the following year!

Seem to remember Barny having a bust up with Koumas on the verge of the season starting and shipping him off to Cardiff leaving us lacking any creativity at all.
Sw4Baggie Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:Story of the lad's career... think he stared to find his form with us only to get injured and by the time he was fit Kuszczak's form made it impossible to drop him.

cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:Story of the lad's career... think he stared to find his form with us only to get injured and by the time he was fit Kuszczak's form made it impossible to drop him.

One of the best things Mogga did on arrival was bring Koumas back in from the cold. Makes you wonder what difference a fit and motivated Kanu and Koumas would have made.
so koumas got bought back after going on strike and he was a hero chadli get lambasted for not wanting to run up hills and he is the equivalent to fritzel according to derek and superbobby
(10-13-2017, 03:17 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote: so koumas got bought back after going on strike and he was a hero chadli get lambasted for not wanting to run up hills and he is the equivalent to fritzel according to derek and superbobby

In fairness, Koumas wasn't renowned for his defensive abilities so I imagine both Derek and SuperBobby were having kittens every time he was selected.

Must have been tough for Bobby with Koumas being British but having a foreign name...
(10-13-2017, 03:17 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote: so koumas got bought back after going on strike and he was a hero chadli get lambasted for not wanting to run up hills and he is the equivalent to fritzel according to derek and superbobby

In some ways it was a shame that when JK went so did many others players from the club at the same time. Cue Mass Exodus is a headline that would have written itself.
(10-13-2017, 02:36 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote: And we still got relegated Sad

cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote: And we still got relegated Sad

One of the best things Mogga did on arrival was bring Koumas back in from the cold. Makes you wonder what difference a fit and motivated Kanu and Koumas would have made.

Oddly enough, Alecan bought Koumas back into the fold at the start of 06/07 (when he was clearly under pressure - and had just signed SKP). Koumas was outstanding in a night game at Preston - when we battered em and still lost 1-0. 

Fathead took exactly the same side, swapped Kamara for Hartson and we started scoring 4 a game.
(10-13-2017, 04:57 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:I think it was those ahead of the keepers that were the problem.

cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:I think it was those ahead of the keepers that were the problem.

Oddly enough, Alecan bought Koumas back into the fold at the start of 06/07 (when he was clearly under pressure - and had just signed SKP). Koumas was outstanding in a night game at Preston - when we battered em and still lost 1-0. 

Fathead took exactly the same side, swapped Kamara for Hartson and we started scoring 4 a game.

Was at that Preston match, didn't we lose to an overhead kick? Remember thinking on my way back to Manchester that Alecan's time was up. Couldn't have had many more matches after that?
(10-13-2017, 05:04 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:57 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:
cunninghamismagic Wrote:And manager. Had got us playing some really good stuff post Xmas the season before. Even the first half of 05/06 was ok - e.g. 4-0 win vs Everton. 2-0 wins against Spurs & Man City. Don't think he was helped in the Jan transfer window (Earnie & Horse sold & not replaced). But he seemed to lose the plot post Xmas.

cunninghamismagic Wrote:And manager. Had got us playing some really good stuff post Xmas the season before. Even the first half of 05/06 was ok - e.g. 4-0 win vs Everton. 2-0 wins against Spurs & Man City. Don't think he was helped in the Jan transfer window (Earnie & Horse sold & not replaced). But he seemed to lose the plot post Xmas.

Was at that Preston match, didn't we lose to an overhead kick? Remember thinking on my way back to Manchester that Alecan's time was up. Couldn't have had many more matches after that?

Aye pal - Patrick Agyemang winner. Carlo Nash was easily motm

Pisscan then struggled to a 1-1 draw against Southend and got potted. As soon as Pearson reintroduced training/ shooting practice, we hammered everyone.